My just looking at the collection, which went a little crazy. Not totally crazy becaus I had had an eye at all three items before they hit stores here, but in the end and especially after the Bobbies this was not really planned. Chanel released a special collection, consisting just of lipsticks divided in three colour schemes, and one nail varnish. I had bought my items already last week, but was not really able to wear lipstick because of this most annoying cold. Then I took the nail polish, and the Irrisistible lipstick with me to Prague. Unfortunately I have not fully recovered and therefore not really worn the Rouge Allure Velvet for more than just testing at home. But that’s what I’m able to say so far:
# Le Vernis Coup de Coeur: the nail polish is just totally that sort of colours that I usually fall for. In my opinion it looks slightly lighter on the nails (two layers) than I had expected, but it is still very pretty. Unfortunately it was just another case of first damages already after less than 24 hours, and the whole thing looking disastrous after another 24 hours. I used a base coat by P2 (German), Essie Good to go as a top coat, and, as I said, two layers of the Chanel polish. If you have any advice for me, please don’t hesitate. I hate having to pay so much attention to my nails, especially when travelling, but still, the colour is lovely!
# Rouge Coco in Irresistible: This one IMO goes quite well with the nail polish. I wanted another very “my lips but better” colour and if just gently used, it is almost a bit too much of my own lip colour. Layered I get a more intense result, which is still very suitable for natural looks. Like the other Rouge Cocos it does not overly dry out my lips. In the store I swatched it next to Mademoiselle, which I already own, and Mademoiselle looks totally brown next to this one (but not on my lips, otherwise I could not wear it), while L’Irresistible leads more towards a cool pink. It is described as rosewood with a silver shimmer. Like L’Amoureuse it is from the plum family of the collection. I believe it is limited, but I’m not sure. According to staff, it’s all limited, but I had thought this was not true…. To be honest I found the colours of my earlier Rouge Cocos a little more unique. On the other hand I must say that I have just not been looking that fit, so let’s see…
# Rouge Allure Velvet in L’Amoureuse: All I can say so far is that I love the “intense rosewood” colour. And I’d say that it does not dry out my lips as heavily as I’d expect. I own just one more Rouge Allure Velvet (they’re all matte-satin, btw), which IMO is a little worse. Matte lipsticks, of course, are not really made for sensitive lips. I kind of had in mind to buy a more daytime and a more evening version of the “rosewood” family (and a matching nail varnish hihi), let’s see how much wear I will get out of the two in non-travelling and hopefully not-suffering-from-a-cold real life.
As usually, if you’re looking for real reviews with real swatch pictures etc., I’m sure you’ll find loads of them on the internet. This is just my little résumé, not aiming at being a beauty blogger….
My other Chanel Lipsticks were introduced here. I started using Boy a lot, since. And I absolutely love Charme!
wunderbare farbauswahl!
ReplyDelete