As those who are interested in Chanel cosmetics probably already know – the new spring summer collection has hit the stores lately. And as those who have followed my blog for a while already know: I like Chanel beauty stuff for both reasons: the quality of the product as well as the name, Karl and bla. So I checked internet reviews, found out that all three products I was interested in were going to be permanent and so I didn’t really pay that much attention, I’ve told you about my current exams stress…
The first product which has caught my eye is the nail polish April. I don’t have a big polish collection and especially not much in the bright red department, and really liked the colour in the pictures on the web. The next one was the eye liner Grenat, though I’m still indecisive if it is a colour I will like on myself. And finally the Rouge Coco lipstick Charme. Especially with this one I was going to wait since I bought two Chanel lipsticks not too long ago.
And here comes the most stupid “why I HAD to get this item” story ever: I felt totally dizzy after university when I was waiting for my train, didn’t have any money left in my wallet (literally!), no time for getting money at the ATM because my train was due too soon, so I finally went to Müller drug store, grabbed some Jelly Bears and decided that I needed to buy something more pricey, so that I wouldn’t have to pay those 89 cent with my EC card. (note for non-Germans: we don’t use cards as people do in other countries. Paying tiny amounts is either not possible or considered as REALLLY strange). So what to get? Just some mid-prized cosmetics I actually don’t need? No wait, I have that Chanel spring/summer wish list in my mind, let’s see if they have my top favourite from the collection, April. Nope, out of stock. So the liner instead? Wait, the colour might be too striking for my likes, maybe have it applied first and see what it looks like on me. Ok, so where’s the lipstick, it’s sooo nice. But a lipstick again?? Maybe just get your train and hope to feel better after sitting for a while? But you never know and I need to walk home and the world kind of goes round in circles already *feelsdizzy*……… -- And now I have another Chanel lipstick.
The colour is not as warm as it seems in the picture on the right. And my lipsticks apparantly has had a little accident, but I decided not to bother myself with returning it.
Update: the colours actually somewhere in between the two.
What can I say about Rouge Coco Charme?
What I expected: I really like the Rouge Coco formula because it’s not as dehydrating, as lipsticks often are, I like how they feel on the lips, and the satin like finish, and finally the scent is ok for me, I sometimes tend to get headaches from more intense smells. In Charme I hoped for a very natural pinkish-rosewood colour. I’ve got Perlé as a neutral one already and wanted a second one because I don’t like wearing bright lipsticks for most “everyday” stuff like university; still I’m feeling “well-dressed” with a nice, understated colour on my lips.
What I’ve got: I pretty much agree with what Tempalia says (read this for a proper review). Charme seems sheerer than my other Rouge Cocos, a bit like in-between the Rouge Cocos and the Rouge Coco Shines. The colour is just what I wanted, very much “my lips but better”, it even could be a little more intense. It also works well on my very fair, cool skin tone. It’s some kind of soft pink as Chanel describes it, slightly rosewood. Obviously I haven’t really worn it yet, but in case anything of what I said will prove wrong I’m going edit my posting! And my lips aren’t in a good condition today, Charme didn’t make it worse, but still I can’t say how dehydrating it is.
Update: Daylight shows that it is not as sheer as I thought yesterday. Still sheerer than the other Rouge Cocos, but fine. In sunlight you can see a very subtle golden shimmer. I don’t really know how warm or cold I’d rate it. It’s definitely not warm, because then I couldn’t wear it, but it’s not too cold either. Cold pinks sometimes make my lips slightly blueish. This one doesn’t.
The rest of the family (left to right):
Rouge Coco Shine in boy: I like the very sheer, lightweight formula for summer, still boy might not be my perfect colour, don’t know, I’m a little indecisive when it comes to this one. Sometimes I really like it, sometimes I’m afraid it might be a bit too brown. It’s definitely a very neutral colour (and very sheer) so it doesn’t really look wrong.
Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle: Love it! It’s an eye catcher on my fair complexion, but not in a bad way. I said I have a cool skin tone, and Mademoiselle is just not too warm. Colour somewhere between pink and brown, rosewood, neutral.
Rouge Allure Velvet in La Raffinée: Another striking colour that works well on my skin, and another gorgeous colour, too! I haven’t worn it that much since I got it in November, so I’m not sure yet, if the matte formula really works for me. It’s a lot better than MAC matte, not perfect, though! My lips are complicated, I have to admit. The colour’s again between pink and rosewood, that’s simply what I like best (and they are still very different!).
Rouge Coco in Perlé: Probably my favourite. I had it applied by the sales assistant at Munich’s top department store (Oberpollinger), where I guess people don`t talk you randomly into anything. The sales assistant loved it on me, I loved it, and a makeup artist who was standing nearby, came over and said he loved it, too! It’s somewhere between soft-pink and mauve, kind of “frosty”, and very discreet on me. At the cool side. I usually go for it for oral exams or job interviews, where striking makeup would be out of place but where one (panic-monger me) needs some extra comfort. Or just to complement a natural everyday makeup and for a night out I pair it with smoky eyes.
Rouge Coco Shine in Aventure: Same sheer lightweight formula as boy, but I like the colour better on me. I was looking for a more pinkish lipstick, on the sheer side in order not to look like Barbie, and this is what I found! I was wearing it a lot last summer!
Rouge Coco in Rivoli: I got it in December when I was looking for an intense, classic-cool shade of red and I wore it a lot during Christmas. This is perfect for my skin tone, and can even be worn less intensely. At the plum-side. Probably “my” classic red.
Boy-Mademoiselle-La Raffinée-Perlé-Aventure
Newbies Charme and Rivoli
*disclaimer* as usually, this is not supposed to be a prober beauty/review posting. I’m lacking knowledge, enthusiasm and time for being a beauty blogger, do swatches, have perfectly treated lips I could post close-up pictures of, describe products using a million differnt words for “pinkish shade of red” etc. There are so many people out there who are just a million times better at that han me, so look for those if you need swatches etc, and this here is simply my little opinion on some favourite products.
No comments:
Post a Comment