So what do I think about h&m’s Marni collaboration? To keep it short: I’m kind of indecisive. If you read me regularly you’ve probably realised that I prefer simple, colour free, pattern less clothes on myself. At the same time I love to see how other people combine different colours and even various patterns, I sometimes even “study” those outfits like a piece of art and I’m impressed by the creativity of other people. On myself too many colours or patterns make me look like a clown.
Nevertheless I would like to get some patterned maxi dresses and skirts, and maybe those kind of “pyjama pants” we currently see on street style pages. I’ve seen so many great outfits with them, but didn’t find the perfect items last summer, so I’m going to look for them again this time. I like to try things that aren’t 100% my style and sometimes when doing so I find the most amazing pieces, that just work perfectly well on me.
So h&m x. Marni seemed to be the perfect occasion to find what I am looking for. But I have to say I had already been sort of underwhelmed when the final items appeared online. I don’t really like those circle patterns and the green one is IMO fascinating, but soo weird. I’m not feeling comfortable when looking at it, so I don’t want it on my clothes, on other people and when combined well I will love it, though! I particularily found the maxi dress very disappointing because of the pattern mix. I want a maxidress and a maxi skirt, but both in one piece is not really what I was looking for. And finally the shapes. They don’t seem to be what works on me. Oh, and I really would have loved to see some nice statement necklaces. IMHO the ones of the h&m collaboration are miles away from what I’m used from Marni.
So I went for the item which is probably the most mass-compatible, the pink top. And well, what can I say, I find the shape difficult on myself, but at the same time it’s a nice addition to my wardrobe for hot summer nights out. So I’m not sure yet, whether I will keep it. I also had to a bit of a “Rothko” vibe from its promo pictures, which doesn’t translate at all into the real item, the colours are just too - wham. For the other “patterned” things I’m looking for I will have to rely on the highstreet chains and there more mainstream things, that’s probably what suits me more. Or check out a vintage market and see if I find a less regular and at the same time more “me” item there.
…more pictures + on me behind the cut…
not my patterns: circles and the weird green(-blue) one.
another favourite, despite the circles, but if it’s of a similar shape as the top, it’s not for me (and too expensive)
the maxidress…
and loooaaads of myself, I’m still indecisive. pregnancy alarm in the side angle, but the heavy tag sort of pulls it back…
picture via h&m, erdbeerlounge, me
I liked a printed pajama shirt, and although it was much better made than I expected, I didn't love it enough. The jackets were quite nice, but too heavy for where I live.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I think I will send it back, too. "Don't love it enough" is how I feel, also considering the prize... Though I have to admit that it looks worse in the pictures than in real life, with the heavy tag pulling it back. Maybe during sales...
ReplyDelete