Monday, June 10, 2013

What June brings…

meeep-1719

On Cramond Island near Edinburgh – first Lightroom work

# Mentioned in an earlier posting, I’m going to go home in just a little bit more than one month. I’m sad and happy at the same time, thinking a lot about my time here in Scotland, Munich and life in general, and I’m a bit melacholic… There are still so many things to do and places to see here. Let’s see what the next few weeks will bring!

# Travelwise I have done a few day trips – I hope to find time to edit pictures and write about it, soon. As I said, there is so much to do at the moment and I started editing pictures with Lightroom. I need to get to know it better, at the moment one single picture takes ages…. On Wednesday I’m (hopefully) going on another trip here in Scotland for a few days.

# ”Hopefully” because I caught yet another cold. Story of my life, I started jogging, was working out a lot (and feeling really good) and now I’m (almost) ill. You can just never rely on weather here in Scotland. It may be sunny and warm, but whenever wind comes up or you’re in the shadow it gets a lot chillier…

# Freja Beha Erichsen seems to be in/around Edinburgh, this weekend, to shoot the fall/winter campaign of the Polish brand reserved. From what I’ve seen on instagram I can tell that the location looks lovely and the shooting apparently took place at a castle in the Borders, very close to where I was driving around yesterday. According to Sherlock “Cato” it was “The Glen” Castle near Innerleithen, but this is just based on my little google research… Would have been nice to meet her again… (instagram pictures in her thread on thefashionspot.com)

# I’m about to finish Sylvia Plath’s Bell Jar. Had been going to read it for ages, but was kind of afraid of being disappointed/finding it too “coming of age” teenager literature. Instead I’m captivated. This is the first book in a long while that I literally miss when I’m at the library, or even out with friends…

# I bought an infra red shutter release for my camera, to be able to take “proper” outfit pictures. Now I just need to find time for taking pictures… In my student accomodation, there is hardly any space…

# I miss my spotify… My free account has expired (or just the monthly limit, don’t know. I just can’t use it at the moment) and I can’t get the pay version, because I can only register the country that my IP address is located in, and can only pay with a credit card from that country…. Unfortunately I don’t have a British credit card… Awww, I really, really miss my music…

# In terms of shopping I’ve been thinking about Hippie inspired clothes…

No comments:

Post a Comment