Wednesday, November 20, 2013

You got mail: Isabel Marant pour h&m

IMG_5521

In store purchases – I’m probably going to keep the shirt from the men’s secion and got the shopping bag, hangers, lookbook and the “ticket” – bracelet for the women’s collection

Hey everyone, thanks a lot for not having given me up, yet! :) Getting started at work still takes all my energy, and in fact I should be finishing something like right now, but, well… Like everyone else on the internet I was excited when I heard about the Marant x h&m collaboration. And since my class started only at 10 am on the magic day, I got up a little earlier than usually and went to the store. And arrived at the store at a bit after 8 (opening time for special collections) to find out that I was only able to get a bracelet (like your entrance ticket) for 11.40… The security guy told me that people had started queuing at 5 am. So I went to the much less busy men’s and bought two little things of which one for sure is going back, because later I was able to order more than I first wanted online. Funny thing in class: there was actually one more girl carrying a Marant x h&m shopping bag. Normally all this craziness for me only happens on the internet, so it’s an entirely new experience to see this become real and discuss things like “what did you buy”, “when were you there” and “how do things run” with real people.

Anyways, today and yesterday the first two parcels arrived, the third one seems to be lost and luckily it only carries things that I ordered when the favourites were not available, so no big loss. So far I got the woollen blazer, dark grey long sleeve and sweatpants and the white T-Shirt. I’m in love with the blazer and the grey shirt, and not too sure when it comes to the white shirt (which seems too oversized on me) and the sweatpants (too small?). The quality of all pieces seems truly great and even though things like a white shirt probably aren’t the most unique purchases one can make, I really like it for the fabric. It’s a lot of money, though, so one should make sure not to buy it just for the name. Let’s see if I’ll receive the third parcel, then I will decide what to keep apart from blazer and grey shirt. If you have any more questions or want to see pictures of the other things, just go ahead and ask! Some more pictures at the very bottom of the page…

IMG_5564

I’m halfway in a squat position to fit into the camera angle, the pants don’t usually crinkle there

more behind the cut – contains semi-nudity…

IMG_5561

IMG_5562

IMG_5548

bra is “only” olive grey, so you can guess how see-through the shirt is…

More for those who are interested:

Grey men sweatshirt  in XS *pic* – I don’t like the colour (too warm) and the very bulky men’s - cut

Grey longsleeve *pic*  - oversized but in a good way

More of the pants (looks actually worse than in real life, worn wayyy to high …) *pic*

I realize I haven’t taken a picture of the black-and-white shirt from the mens’s section. It’s XS, too and fits very well.

I got the blazer in 34 and everything else from women’s in 36, and I’m 1,78m, usually need 36- smaller for the upper part and 36-bigger for the lower part of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment