Monday, September 24, 2012

Short hello from Munich again

I went back home this weekend and quite enjoyed some warm sunshine for a change. Oktoberfest craziness started on Saturday, and since I had a friend over, I spent most of the time there.

IMG_2935bearkl

The “Münchner Kindl” = Child of Munich actually is a little monk and it’s the main symbol of Munich, also featured in the city’s emblem. Some say the name “München” comes from a very old monastery that used to be there. München = bei den Mönchen =at the monks’. At the Oktoberfest the symbolic figure turns into a blonde girl that leads the traditional parade to the place and in the end welcomes everyone at the entrance.

My Dirndl look behind the cut…

My traditional “Dirndl” outfit. As you can see I don’t like the 100% traditional look but mix in my usual clothes, I’m just not enough into the whole Oktoberfest thing. Nevertheless I had a really good time there, first all Saturday in the tent, then Sunday in the sunny (and WARM) beer garden. Once again I like black, my friend called it the “Gothic Dirndl Look”.

2012-09-24 15.46.41bb2012-09-24 15.47.35bb

ehum, I don’t remember the Dirndl stuff brands, not even the actual Dirndl’s brand, how embarrassing!!

shoes: Buffalo, leather jacket: Zara, bag: Mango, scarf: Aldi

No comments:

Post a Comment