I know, everyone loves summer. Or better to say at least everyone around me did so, when I was younger, back at High School. Nowadays there seem to be some more of those weirdoes like me around. Still most people seem to like summer. I don’t know, I really like hot holi-days in Southern countries. I like to sit outside reading and I love those very warm evenings/nights, when you hardly need to wear a pullover. Unfortunately warm nights presuppose very hot days. And this is where the problem lies. I just can’t take very warm weather. It’s ok when I’m on holidays, free to do whatever I want, or simply nothing. But I can’t work or do whatever reasonable when it is that hot. I don’t even like sunbathing or reading/listing to music in the blazing sun. My circulation suffers and – more suitable for this blog – I don’t enjoy the “what to wear” thing at all. I guess I like fall and spring best for clothes. I like layers, my ten million pairs of boots, especially the fall colours, to be able to wear shirts and dresses not necessarily combined with super-warm tights. I don’t mind rain, storm and snow. Winter does not give that many options (at least to me) but I enjoy myself in my “winter uniform”, warm, cosy and functional, even if it looks all the same, every day. I’m just not soo sure about summer clothes. First point: at some point you can’t wear less, while you can always wear more. Then I don’t find my summer outfits any nicely combined, instead I’m pale and boring like any random German tourist (I like my fair skin tone during the rest of the year, though!). Finally I don’t even feel like thinking about what to wear, because it is simply too hot for thinking. Anyways, I’m looking forward to a warm but not hot late summer/early spring. And to the cold season. And saying this I’m off to Italian beaches. The weather forecast is not that optimistic when it comes to perfect beach weather. And once again I’m not sure if this really makes me happy….
No comments:
Post a Comment