Can’t believe I took this with my phone…
I spontanously went to see Ásgeir Trausti Einarsson, Iceland’s latest shooting star, last night here in Munich. Totally love Ásgeir’s voice and the somewhat dreamy sounds, people who know how to write about music describe it as a mix of electronic and folk, and I believe they are right. Most of the songs are in Icelandic which makes it even more special for me. The first song that I fell in love with was the Icelandic version of “Going Home”. I think we’ve all been going home in one or another more or less literal sense, and I really felt I understood the song, its emotions, without understanding a single word of it. Now I can only find this accustic version of “Heimförin” on the internet, I think I liked the other one even a little better. Heimförin (youtube) // Going Home (youtube). Ásgeir, who first was known as “Àsgeir Trausti”, is currently on tour in Germany and his first album comes out in late January. Perfect timing for a birthday present for me!
…*oops* 2013…
No comments:
Post a Comment