Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chanel Cruise Collection 2013

cruiseblablablabear-horz

… what I liked…

Ouch. Last year in one of my very first postings I said how much I liked Chanel's Resort 2012 Collection, this time to be honest my first thought was so negative, that I ought not to write about it. Karl chose the beautiful Versailles gardens as his venue and developed a collection that is inspired by Marie Antionette. A very young, pop-generation and chaotic Marie Antoinette. I see Japanese Harajuku, denim, 70ies vibes, more denim, teenage baggie pants and belly buttons and a lot more denim. And lots of Creepers and I passionately HATE those shoes. Combined with the make-up (which refers to Marie Antoinette’s famous beauty mark – this time a Chanel “C”) and the Manga (Tavi?) wigs it’s just too costumy. But what really surprises me: At the second glance I actually spot quite a few pieces that I really like. It’s often been the other way round for me: I see the first pictures of a show coming up, or watch a livestream, and like it, but later realise, that I actually don’t quite care about one single piece individually.

Now I hope that the video will come up soon, clothes in motion arranged with the music often changes a lot! And even though I just said I didn’t like the make-up I’m already wondering whether the lipstick on its own could be nice…

cruise00020mbear-horzbearcruise00090mbear-horzcruise00550mbear-horzcruisechanel_Versailles_13bear-horzcruisechanel_Versailles_4bear-horz

Must-have of the season: the Chanel watering can

cruise00340m

pictures via daylife and style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment