**And again posting that I actually wrote weeks ago. Since I started it before I left, I’m able to tell you what I actually brought since I coudln’t take it all with me, in the end. And there’s even time for an update because I’ve bought a few things since I arrived because I couldn’t handle the cheap mascara that I bought right before my departure (essence -not in the posting) and the P2 Kajal. I’m very sorry, this delay in publishing the posting causes some mess, I hope it’s still somewhat readable… Comments in italic are the later ones**
I usually start packing with the beauty stuff because it’s the easiest part for me. I have my favourites and after all don’t really care…. Nevertheless I end up with too much for someone who “doesn’t really use much make-up” usually, what do you think? I might change a few things, don’t know for sure yet, moreover I’ll be back home for a weekend very soon after the start of the semester. I’d like the idea of buying cosmetics there to have room for more important things, but as you can see, my items are all either too expensive (for me), to randomly buy them twice, or only available in Germany and Austria.
Details behind the cut
Lips:
- Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle, Perlé and Rivoli, Rouge Coco Shine in Aventure and Boy. I wrote a longer posting about my Chanel lipsticks here and the only thing that has changed is that I suddenly love Rouge Coco Shine in Boy. I just don’t know if I’m really going to pack both Coco Shines, somehow I love them during summer but rather go for the Rouge Cocos in Fall and Winter (aka then). *I did*
- Alverde Tube Gloss which is out of stock, Alverde Lip Peeling Gloss (that I sorted out in the end), one of my many alverde Lip Glosses (Limited Edition). *they’ve started smelling…*
- Logona: Best organic lip product ever, both colours are just perfect for me and it’s sooooo soft. The friend who gave it to me as a present, is a genious!
Eyes:
- Chanel Mono Taupe Grisé: Packing such a big mono is probably a waste of space, but if I had to chose only one colour as my favourite eyeshadow ever, it would be this one – still at home will probably bring it next time. *had to stay at home…*
- Chanel Enigma quad: along with the Taupe Grisé for going out. I have only one quad and the quality is just brilliant. I’ve heard a lot of people complaining about other Chanel quads.
- alverde baked eyeshadow Mono in Rose something: I often go for only this one in everyday life. *at home*
- Mac quad: also for everyday life: Orb, Wedge, Mystery and Shale. Apart from the alverde mono, I’m using Orb+ Wedge or Mystery a lot. Orb is also my favourite highlighter (rather even out-er) and Mystery a brilliant eye liner colour and perfect for my brows
Cheeks:
MAC Well dressed (link) and Harmony. I have to be super careful with the latter one, but if I am, it’s a very nice colour for conturing. Just a little too dark and warm to be perfect.
Benefit Dallas: Another favourite, surprisingly not too dark and warm for my complexion, though it’s a red-brown *not here*
Alverde: LE Blush: a little darker than Well dressed – *not here*
Benefit HIgh Bean: Not sure if I’m really going to take this one with me. I don’t use it often, if I do I usually mix it with my moistruizer to avoid the christmas tree look. But really like it like that. – *not here*
Nails:
Dior Vernis in a dark grey from last spring (I don’t have it here right now)
Chanel April link. **I didn’t bring Particuliere in the end, as you can even see in the picture, it’s not in good condition anymore (shame!)**
Catrice something Roseywood link
Essie Good to go: Top coat. The best one I’ve ever had, but I haven’t had that many….
Skin:
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation (link) and concealer: the best I’ve ever had
- Benefit Play Stick: I use it as a concealer for anything that’s not the area around the eyes
- Clinique quick corrector: I usually chose that one when I’M in a hurry.
-Lavera loose mineral powder: also my favourite, but I have never had a really expensive powder
Eye Pencils:
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Rose Platine
- P2 black Intensive Kohl liner – **can’t handle it..*
- Mac Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Permaplum – goes well with Chanel Enigma
- Rimmel eye brows
- Alverde Brow Gel
-**I forgot my Max Factor nude eyeliner for the water line, how stupid…*
Brushes:
- Artdeco Mineral Blush Brush
- h&m eye shadow brush – love both sides
- MAC 239
- noname: I use it for the Bobbi Brown concealer powder
There are no:
- mascara: mine (Lancome Eye Designer, Essence Multi Action, various Alverde, Sante) are all almost empty or got … so I’m probably getting a new one there. The only one I truely love is the super expensive Lancome Eye Designer. In terms of prize-result Essence isn’t bad, either. **Right before I left I got the Essence Smoky Eyes Mascara and it’s just soooo bad.**
- nude nail polish: I don’t have one that I like enough, should get one there *Frenzy…*
- primers: I don’t use them
- lip liners: I don’t use them either but still uncertain whether I should pack one
- eyelash curler: I’m afraid of them
as a makeup minimalist (aka permanent makeup newbie) myself, i love reading about what other people use! big fan of Benefit and Clinique. how do you like the Quick Corrector? i need to replace my concealer soon...!
ReplyDelete