What was there to be seen outside at Linlithgow Palace? The short version is: nothing. A bit longer: loads of Policemen and –women, barriers along the main road throughout the whole village, the main road blocked to traffic for one hour, loads of spectators, including yelling teenagers, temperatures around and below 0 degrees, rain that turned into snow and finally a lot of big dark limousines rushing by towards the palace. Not Brad Pitt. Do I even need to say, that I’m ill now? No seriously, it was totally not worth going, but still exciting in a way, and I would probably have regretted not having tried it. Of course there was no way passing by the half-dozen policemen that blocked the little one way road which leads the last few meters up to the palace where Maria Stuart was born. When it was raining I wrapped my scarf around my camera, so I wasn’t even able to properly change settings. Oh and I found out that my umbrella is broken and can’t be opened anymore... I might have seen Caroline de Maigret, but I’m not sure. A woman took pictures of the crowd through the open car window while she rushed by. Caroline never posted a picture like that on twitter or instagram, so no verification. Some guests weren’t driven straight to the palace but had to leave their limousines at the car park and walk. Needless to say that Carine Roitfeld was not among those, but there were still many nicely dressed people to be seen, many men in kilts, which I love by now! The show must have been amazing, I’m going to cover this in my next posting. Yesterday the Fashion World left the city and I saw maybe Pat McGrath getting into the taxi on my way to the supermarket (was she actually there?), and for sure Mirte Maas heading back to the hotel on my way back. Now off to make another hot tea and get some more paracetamol. Enjoy the pictures! (sarcasm)
(But seriously: I’m so going to go back there to visit the palace!!!)
Charlotte Weatherall taking a picture of the crowds that she posted on twitter (charweath) and that I saw before I realised that I had taken a picture of her taking the picture…
People around me recognised her and screamed “Michelle” I think. Actually I understood “Chanel”.
No comments:
Post a Comment