# First of all: Happy New Year to everyone!!! :)
# I handed in my essays just in time last week…. And frankly speaking, I’m a bit worried about myself. In December back in Edinburgh I started being afraid that I might not be able to finish them… This idea just came up in my mind and kept me from sleeping, and from really working on them. I have always been able to hand in everything throughout my school and university “career”, so there is no real reason for this fear. Instead of being productive I started eating like crazy. Back home I finally worked really hard on my essays but still was eating all the time (in this situation it’s rather justified than in the weeks before). Now the results of all the workout of the semester are gone… But I dislike the psychological aspects even more. By now I finally managed to eat like I used to, again (don’t worry, I’m not aiming at being on a diet, I just want to have 3-4 regular meals a day and no tons of chocolate that just causes me a pain in my stomach.). I hope I will be able to handle the essay stress of the upcoming semesters better….
# sports: I didn’t do any workouts for about four weeks. But I started again this week with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 1 and – the positive thing: I found it harder than I did when I finished that level last summer, BUT: just a bit!!! :) I’m so glad that I kept a minimum level of fitness even during the essay/food month, at least here the workout during the semester really paid off!!
# shopping: Sales shopping usually is not my cup of tea. This season it was a little (ehum) different, I’m just writing a posting about it….
# For Christmas I got Florence and the Machine’s Ceremonials and absolutely love it!! I have not had that many albums where I really loved every single song! I hope I will get the chance to see her live, soon! I also got Elisabeth George’s latest Lynley novel and I love this one too, especially love to escape from the real world to the lovely but dark Lake District once in a while (so much love in just one paragraph…).
# It’s Pitti Uomo time = all the street style photographers gather in Florence to provide us with tons of pictures of good looking and well dressed men! There are even a few fashion show livestreams on vogue.it
# I’ve been waiting for this since I first arrived in Edinburgh: The Scottish National Gallery displays thirtysomething paintings of my favourite painter JMW Turner <3. They do that every year in January. Because the soft January sunlight does not harm the pictures.
# One thing from the Chanel victim: I tested all three new nail polishes at a Douglas store yesterday. (And for a change I found a really nice and helpful sales assistant that looked just a tiny bit upset when I didn’t buy one in the end, even though I had told her from the beginning, that I was just going to take a look). I don’t like the Barbie pink, the very light one does not suit my skin tone, and my brain tells me not to buy the dark one…. I like the colour more and more, the more I look at it, but I don’t know if it is that special in the end.
# Tia tagged me some weeks ago. You made me really happy and I am so sorry for not having answered your questions, yet!! Now my essays are over, and I am going to do it as soon as possible!!! Sorry again!
# Oh, and I should post a few pictures from my Copenhagen trip in December, which got a little lost on this blog. Copenhagen really is a wonderful city, and I could have spent much more time there!! My pictures don’t do it any justice, especially since the only not that perfect thing was the weather.
# And one more thing that should not be at the very end: Thanks a lot to all those who added me to their link lists and blogrolls!! It really means a lot! And I need to work one mine at some point, soon!!
Hey, just discovered this post and that you want to do the tag. It is a quite comprehensive Tag and I understand that it's difficult to take the time. ;-)
ReplyDeleteAre you actually living in the UK now? I'll move there next week as well. :-)