When I was travelling with my friends here in Scotland, two weeks ago, we also crossed Glen Coe. This valley (“Glen”) is said to be the most beautiful place in the Scottish Highlands, and was the setting for many films, among the very prominent ones are Harry Potter and the latest James Bond movie Skyfall. I googled the exact locations of Skyfall a bit, and the result was kind of disappointing. Apparently the shooting in Glen Coe and the nearby Glen Etive took place only during two days and therefore only very short scenes were really shot here. The big finale apparently all happened in England with the mountains later added on the computer… Still I think the beauty of the landscape, in real life as well as in the movie, totally speaks for itself and leaves us behind deeply impressed by its very distinctive atmosphere. If you’re interested in the very exact locations of the James Bond shooting, check out this website. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment