Monday, May 13, 2013

Friends’ visit shopping

Shopping was part of the core activities of my visiting friends, here in Scotland. Of course (and luckily!) we did not miss out sight seeing and travelling, too, but shopping still was playing a major role, and now I can say that I’ve been to Primarks, Mountain Warehouses, h&ms, and a bunch of other stores in at least three cities. And as it goes, my own standards in very well considering potential buys before actually doing them, went down… I must admit, seeing all this stuff in front of me now, makes me feel really bad, even though there are many “wish list” and other necessary items among them and even though I bought the most expensive item only two days after spotting it in the store, and not spontaneously…

IMG_1268bearkl

Starting on the top/left:

# Mango irregularly striped shirt, 17 £, a bit cheaper in €. Had spotted it online already. Kind of the “basic item with a twist”. I believe (hope) that I can get a lot of wear out of that one. For a change I decided against my beloved grey but for blue. Worn here already. Link to store

# Cooperative/Urban Outfitters Kimono jacket. The “expensive” one, for around 50 £. After spotting Kimono jackets hitting stores, I wanted one. But decided against the patterned and too 20ies version, but went for this one, that fits better to my wardrobe. So happy when I saw the “Made in Romania” tag. Oh I will miss Urban Outfitters so much, and rather for looking around, than actual shopping… I can’t find it on the UO page, I’m sorry! Worn here

# h&m divided men shirt: 15 £, had been looking for it for a while after spotting it first, I must have forgotten, that it was divided. Had been so happy with my super-warm men’s pullovers during winters so I wanted this one for the still quite chilly spring. Can’t find it online.

Second row:

# h&m boyfriend jeans, 30 £: Finally found boyfriends jeans that are just the way I wanted them. Low rise, sufficiently wide, not too tapered in the calves area. Yes, going shopping on the hottest day in Scotland so far maybe was not the wisest idea. I don’t feel like wearing 7/8 pants in the current, less than 10 degrees weather, even though it’s sunny for the moment. I’m not completely sure which one on the website it is. And now I see that the two option also come in 34 though the sales assistant told me the opposite. Arrgh!!! Might return it for a more than mid-calf-long version…

# Primark pyjama shorts + top, 5 £. And here comes the bad consciousness… Stressing that my friends spent most of the shopping time at my behated Primark probably does not count, does it? I got the pyjama pants because I only have long pyjamas here. Not saying that anyone needed short pyjamas here up north…

Running clothes: Starting with running was one of my major goals for spring. Running clothes are a mix of need and “motivation”.

# Karrimor pink waistcoat, about 11 £, was 70% off. I thought that I needed a waistcoat for running because of the temperatures. Then found this cheap and very pink one. First did not think about the colour but I have to admit that I look quite strikingly, when wearing it…

# h&m running pants: Quite like the fit and the functionality. Went for one size up, because even though they’re tights I don’t like it too tight. I did not have tight sports pants so far and thought that they were more suitable for running, than my wide and padded ones. Maybe just an excuse, don’t know… Link

# h&m running long sleeve, 15 £. Not completely long, but I only had short sleeved shirts and tops here and felt that I def needed a long sleeve for outdoor sports up here. I like the elastic band at the bottom for the windy Scottish weather. Link

Finally:

# h&m trend top, very deep back, 13 £. Have been looking for it for a while but for weeks only the white version (how to wear that one without a bra??) was left. Now back in stock. Link

 

I have another basic shirt and basic skirt from h&m here, at the moment, but will probably return them…

IMG_1269bearkl

No comments:

Post a Comment