Kind of random, but on my last day in Scotland, before I had to head off to the airport I bought some of the things that I had not gotten earlier because I simply thought I would do it anyways later and then time flew by. When I arrived at home late in the evening, I was only able to take a quick phone picture, and by now things are already worn/consumed/laundry…
# Tom’s shoes (espedrilles?) in burgundy: When it got warm, suddenly everyone was wearing them in the streets and I fell in love. Then I could not decide between those very simple ones in burgundy and a little more expensive pair. When I finally went to buy them the others were sold out, so the decision was made. And now I can tell you that they’re definitely among the most comfortable shoes that I’ve ever had! And good to know: For every purchase of a pair of Tom’s, a pair of shoes goes to poor children in developing countries. Overall, this Californian brand’s Corporate Responsibility sound quite good! I paid 35 GBP (about 40 €) for mine (the simple ones), but you can get them for 60 € in Germany, too, at Goertz, for example… schuh.co.uk, where I bought mine, ships for 10 GBP to Germany, too….
# Jura Superstition Whisky, which we found and liked on our trip to the island of Jura. The distillery is really nice, and located at a very picturesque bay on the beautiful, remote island and has a small but very welcoming visitors’s centre. The whisky is a mix of differently aged, peated and non-peated whiskies and (IMO) quite distinctive in its taste (and I like the bottle…). I found it at the airport, and paid 16 GBP for 35 cl. Whiskies in general may be cheaper in Germany/outside Scotland in general, due to the different tax on alcoholic products.
# Arran Mustard Island Cheese. Another Island Trip find. Delicious Cheddar, flavoured with mustard, available in different flavours or just plain, and in different maturities (?). After I missed to buy one at the Edinburgh Farmer’s Market I was so happy when I spotted it at the airport, too.
# AllSaints Spitalfields Top. All Saints is probably my favourite British brand, and I’m simply in love with the Glasgow store, apart from the clohtes also because of its distinctive decoration - all walls and windows are plastered with old and pretty sewing machines – (I have photos but it doesn’t really do it justice…). The clothes are totally my mix of simple, black, white grey, leather, and a bit of bling. Only probabem: not really affordable for me for the full price. So something had to be bought for the Sales prize, and I chose this wrap look tank top for 35 pounds. BUT
Good News: Since I’m such a lovely person, I decided to bring some goodies from Scotland for my Munich readers (in case I have any…): Topshop, Forever21, AND All Saints;) Seriously, according to “the internet”, Oberpollinger will feature a selection of Topshop clothes from early September on, along with department stores in a few other German cities. Forever21 (where I so far never found anything when I was in the Glasgow store, but everyone was just soooooo excited about it) seems to be moving into a new building in Kaufingerstaße, along with the biggest Mango store worldwide and Sport Scheck. And I just read on AllSaints’ website, that there was a store in Munich coming soon. Great conicidence, since I plan to start working this fall :). I can think of at least two items that I really would like to own! I guess that for now I only miss Urban Outfitters here in Munich…
ps. I still have problems whit my spelling programme, I’M sorry!! But will sort that out really soon, since I’m also writing my dissertation, ehum…
pps. The blog has no title for the moment… I just don’t like any of the character fonts, would like to write something myself, but I’m terrible at calligraphy…
No comments:
Post a Comment