Sunday, February 9, 2014

No-make-up–make-up or just no make-up?

Fotomo

snapped and transformed by moi from style.com

What Alexander Wang presented us in his show last night, actually looks like a mix of unflattering make-up (bleached eyebrows) and just no make-up covering spots and eye circles. Which seems to be an interesting change from that trend that makes you put on a ton of make-up to make you look naturally flawless. The look was part of a brilliant show, as Alexander Wang’s fashion show always are very well staged “shows” in the literal sense. The first round more regular fashion show, models looking like stepping just out of a military camp, carrying gun resembling bags, overknee boots, military, masculine coats. The second part, presented by the more famous topmodels, that entered the stage dressed in black, and stepped onto a rotating platform where their clothes slowly turned into colourful, apparently caused by heat. As usually I liked the show as a whole with clothes just being one aspect of it, not necessarily something I would like to wear myself. Trivia: Apparently the venue was located in Brooklyn, which caused some disturbances among the fashion crowd.

This was just a little side note to Fashion Week and I should better go back to work now. I actually only wanted to point out that no-make up thing, because I found it intriguing but didn’t feel inspired to write a longer posting about make up and no make up and what we want to express by using it, or not. Maybe another time.. What do you think? And are you going to follow Fashion Month?

No comments:

Post a Comment