Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Paris Paris

meeep-6922GKL

Can you spot the Eiffel Tower??

I spent the weekend in Paris, and would have wanted just to stay there, Sunday night, instead of taking the plane back home. First, my big thanks goes to the one who makes the weather. Just very little rain on Saturday, and sun on Sunday was not what the forecast had announced. Then I’m all about wearing flat leather boots, loose trousers, egg shaped coats and red lips, now (how cliché…). I was around Fashion Week on Friday and Saturday and although I was afraid that the “second time” could one be worse than the first time, I had a great time and terribly want to go back. I went for a walk with a friend on Sunday and later came back to Chloé, before I had to leave for the airport. So much craziness, some rude behaviour, but also so many passionate, happy and friendly people, extraversion and creativity. Pictures will be coming up, but I don’t know yet, if I’m going to post many here on this blog, or rather open a second one, just for Fashion Week Photography. My accommodation was just perfect, as well. A TINY studio close to Charles de Gaulle Etoile, if you want to know the link, just ask! I had written down a bunch of exhibitions, especially at the Centre Pompidou, but then was too tired (and Fashion-Week-fevered) or wanted to enjoy the sun. Same for shopping. With my friend I had a glass of orange juice at Les Deux Magots, which looks quite nice inside (last time we were just outside), and a Galette at the Ile St Louis. At Jean Paul Gaultier I watched people chasing Rihanna’s car on a 4-lane road. I was in fact asked by a model to take a picture of her (yes, really. A private picture of her and her friend, which I’m OF COURSE not going to post). I met a few of the people, whose postings I had been reading on the internet. I realised that my French is pretty much gone, which calls for some boost, aka a nice way to distract myself from actual work. Overall I was just unhappy because I could not stay longer, since I missed quite some of the IMO more exciting shows (which refers to standing outside at the show, of course). Work had told us that there was a special event that we were not allowed to miss, early Monday morning, which turned out to be just getting a letter handed over…. Anyways, it was just the perfect break that I had really desperately needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment