Saturday, March 8, 2014

Paris Fashion Week I

Here comes just a first set of favourite pictures. As I said, Paris was so good, and I hope to be back next season. (I said this 2,5 years ago, as well…) Last time I was luckier in terms of who was in my pictures. I saw and photographed almost everyone I had hoped for. This time it is mostly model new comers, I could not come for/stay for shows with a big super model/super editor potential (oh I was so angry at my mandatory Monday morning session that turned out to be getting a note handed over, especially since Tuesday and Wednesday were free, and FREJA showed up at Louis Vuitton, Wednesday morning, not to mention all the other shows Sunday afternoon- Wednesday), but had known this in advance. Oh, and Emmanuelle Alt, Carine Roitfeld and Anna Wintour all somehow got away… Still I hope that this time the quality from a photographer’s point of view has improved, also thanks to my new camera, lightroom and the f/1.8, 50 mm lens. And hopefully also a bit because of my skills. But I really must say, the best place to practice people photography is Fashion Week, even though it is not really an “authentic” environment. But a place full of people that are willing to be photographed, and won’t sue you/beat you up for taking their picture. I’m thinking about sharing some thoughts on Street/Style Photography in another posting. But first, here are a few pictures:

meeep2-6458kl

After Viktor&Rolf – the French Vogue Ladies’ black and leather coolness. It’s Geraldine Saglio, no? (I’m a little face blind – perfect conditions for people photography…) I also like the hint of leo in the background…

meeep2-6396kl

A moment of love (and sun!) before Viktor&Rolf. I must admit I’m not that interested in mere style photography. I want to capture the atmosphere, a moment, emotions, to keep it short, I would like to tell a story behind every single picture (isn’t that, what we all are saying??). It does not always work, but I believe this one is not too bad…

meeep-6340bkl

Pretty in Pink at Viktor&Rolf and now I kind of understand why strong colours work so well in street style photography.

meeep222222-6278kl

I love her cape! And Tuileries always make a very pretty setting. At Victor&Rolf as well

meeep2-6776kl

I checked you! What a surprise to get this close to Beth Ditto outside at Jean Paul Gaultier! Rihanna was there, as well, but basically driven into and out of the building by car and after the show her fans were chasing her across a full traffic four track street…. I don’t care thaaat much about celebrities, because I don’t “fancy” that many of them and especially also because taking a decent picture of them is even more difficult, and fans+paparazzi can become a bit violent at times. Still it’s cool to see someone whose music I really, really love! Btw she’s tiiiiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment