Monday, March 10, 2014

What the year has brought so far….

meeep2-6943kl

First hints of spring in an otherwise still very bleak landscape, found today near Starnberg

# I started a January posting, then extended it to a January and February posting, and now it’s March, and I still don’t have that much to tell you. Apart from Paris, of course. At work/class we’re currently fighting over a travel destination for a work-related but mostly “gettingttoknoweachother” trip, and I’m so close to skipping the whole thing and spending a weekend somewhere in the Scottish Highlands (with NO people), instead.

# After the Wallander series in books and on TV ended, I was looking for a new favourite crime novel series. I quite liked Jo Nesbo and basically spent February just with his central character, Harry Hole. I don’t like it as much as I love Mankell, but after I had started, I simply could not put them aside. Now, after the third one (The Snowman), it’s probably time for a break, since at some point I didn’t  find the plot convincing anymore, but might just be glutted.

# Neil Oliver’s History of Scotland is such an amazing, well-written, captivating non-fiction, and sometimes rather feels like poetry. But I can’t help, after a long day of studying and work, I find it hard to concentrate…

# I’m not eating crisps, sweets and meat for Lent, let’s see how this goes.

# In terms of music it’s all about the 80ies these days. Surprisingly, since I used to think I didn’t like them that much

# Not much shopping, and almost everything was meant for work.

2 comments:

  1. Aber Schneemann ist doch das 7. Buch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! :) Ich hab mich blöd ausgedrückt, ich hab 3 Stück hintereinander gelesen, 5-7. Jetzt hab ich grad doch Koma angefangen, und bereue ein bisschen, dass ich nicht noch 8 und 9 gelesen hab, das was da passiert ist, scheint ja sehr relevant zu sein. Ich hab zwar keine Verständnisprobleme, aber vielleicht weiß ich dann schon zu viel, falls ich die doch noch lesen will?

      Delete