So I have been thinking about buying either the Acne Pistol Boots or Isabel Marant Dicker boots for the last 6 months and now I got the Bobby Sneakers. Which feels unreasonable at first glance, because the Bobbies are so much less of a “wardrobe essential” but rather a trend item. But actually this consideration was part of my decision-making. I could probably simply get the others also later (maybe..) while I feel like wearing the Bobbies right now. To this comes that I’ve got pretty satisfying knock-offs of the Dickers AND the Pistol Boots, and could not make myself spend this amount of money on shoes that I basically already own. And by now I pretty much hate every single wedge sneaker that the High Street has created as a reference to Ms Marant, so that getting just another knock-off was no option. A third consideration is that the Dickers in fair colours seem just sooo sensitive to me, that I might never dare to wear them outdoors.
As you might know, I’ve liked Isabel Marant, brand and person for quite a while now. Even though she’s hyped like hell, her clothes still carry that kind of easyness to me, that seems to be/we consier to be so French. The wedge sneakers, in my opinion, first were among the rather trashy items of her range (think of the pink leo ankle boots!), and I didn’t understand how everyone loved them, rather blamed the blogger/trend/hype phenomenon. Then Chanel came to Edinburgh in December 2012 and somehow all of that effortlessly chic, beautiful and important women who came with it and filled the city for three days seemed to be wearing Bobby sneakers (call this selective perception). So, guess what, I started liking Bobby Sneakers and started looking for a cheaper version. First it had to be black only, basically because I didn’t like and still don’t really love the beige and white ones that Marant makes. (And because in Edinburgh everyone was wearing black ones). Obviously I was not very successful in my search. Then ran into that girl in beige (yes, the beige ones..) Bobbies + black leather skinnies a few weeks ago and she looked just sooo good, that I thought that a lighter colour might go better with dark clothes (like most of my own clothes). Then Constance Jablonski looked so cool in her oatmeal ones on instagram (we don’t compare Constance’s pay cheque to mine at this point). Finally I went to a store here that carries Marant and found my perfect version – khaki. I didn’t get them right away but came back a week later, and since they were still there, I bought them. My first visit to the store was totally that thing when everyone (sales people as well as other customers) scrutinize you head to toe in that special kind of way, something that happens very often in expensive Munich boutiques but only very rarely had happened in equally expensive stores in the UK… But at my second visit people were much friendlier and after all one should not care. I am normally between 40 and 41 and got mine in 40, but would have needed 41 in the black ones, and the Dicker boots, which I also tried on, in case I might feel like buying them later this year, second-hand. Btw this also means a serious shopping ban for a while now, but looking at my shopping/wish lists, I barely need anything at the moment. Not even in that less essential bloggerish way of “needing” something. Now can’t wait to wear them!
No comments:
Post a Comment