The only ting that MIGHT make me watch POTC 4 is the fact, that the film features the wonderful Gemma Ward in a small supporting role. I really miss her breathtaking and distinctive – somewhat alienlike -beauty on the runways, after her career ended about three years ago. (Rumour has it that the No 1 Topmodel of a few years ago got to “fat” for her agency). Like many others I’ve been following her since then, waiting for a comeback into the fashion world, though there hasn’t been that much going on. Gemma stood away from public life most of the time, and started playing in more or less small independent movies. She was dating the late Heath Ledger.
In the latest Pirates movie the 23 year old finally got her first role in a blockbuster and is playing a mermaid. In what I’ve seen of movie stills so far, she looks lovely, just as she used to on the runway and in numerous editorials.
At the moment Gemma seems to be focusing on the theatre. She is playing in a production in her Australian hometown Perth and therefore (fortunately or unfortunately?) doesn’t do any promotional work for POTC 4.
I must say I’m probably one of the few out there, who has only watched part 3 of the Pirates series and found it terribly boring/annoying/stupid/childish/worstmovieever (somewhat better than Star Wars Episode 1 maybe). Moreover fish tend to make me feel sick, specially when served as a whole thing on my meal companion's plate. I really like thrillers, some horror movies and definitely don’t mind seeing blood etc in a movie. But those half dead fish guys –whatever they are called - in POTC 3 seriously made me feel ill. So episode 4 in 3 D (!) is most likely going to happen without me. If only there wasn’t Gemma…

No comments:
Post a Comment