Thursday, February 16, 2012

Danke, Kati Nescher (after Rochas)

IMG_1705bear

I don’t know if I ever mentioned how young all the models seemed to me, especially at Rochas where a lot of newcomers walked. I feel biased about too young girls as high fashion models, for various reasons, and this girl here was no exception. Her picture still is one of my favourites, not only because it’s (IMO-self praise, sorry) a very nice shoot of the very pretty girl, probably one of my best ones, it was also the first girl who gave me a smile (=confidence boost). I just said a shy “thank you”. Now it turns out that I could just have said “Danke” and “Servus” (Bavarian hello/bye) instead, since I found out that she isn’t only German (Russian-German background), but also currently living in my hometown Munich. And that she had her big breakthrough as a model last fall at the age of 27, which is elder than I was back than. I just love when things aren’t what they seem to be and kind of against the “rules” like “starting modelling at 20 is already old”. So Danke, Kati!! :)

 

(currently at New York Fashion Week she’s one of the, if not THE most successful newcomer, congrats!)

Interview in German by German Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment