Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hello and Goodbye Carnival

Here in Bavaria we don’t really celebrate carnival unlike in other parts of Germany, and moreover we don’t call it “Karneval” but “Fasching”. Where’s the difference – don’t know, we don’t have many of the carnival customs and we’re probably less “maniac” about it. Yeah, and I don’t celebrate it at all, I’ve had exams or paper deadlines right after its end for the last couple of years and moreover just don’t care (with a tendence towards passionate hater, depending on my mood). But I really like those cookies they make for “Fasching”, the “Faschingskrapfen”. They are filled with various kinds of jam, vanilla, egg liqueur, sprakling wine, caramel, chocolate… mousse, yesterday one was even filled with something green, and they come with a topping of powdered or glazed suger.

But tomorrow the Christian Lenten season starts. For a bunch of reasons (religion, body, skin care, moral issues) I want to quit eating meat, sweets and salty snacks for this period. Not sure if I shall allow exceptions for exam days (they’re coming close!) and invitations to friends… I’ll let you know if I’ll succeed.

IMG_0432bear2IMG_0442bearIMG_0441bearIMG_0435bearIMG_0445bear

this season’s favourite: orange-apricot jam:

tumblr_lzr1byQyyR1qk75dio1_1280

No comments:

Post a Comment