Tuesday, August 21, 2012

17082012 purchases//outfit//cato randomly complaining

tumblr_m8wmkaBzRn1qk75dio1_1280bear

Purchases:

# first the Zara top – the “holes for the arms” (sorry) are very deep, something I’ve been looking for for quite a while, but I thought summer was already over, here in Munich, so I postponed it for next year. Now Sahara airstreams provide us with 30 ++ degrees for the weekend end next week. I paid 3 euros for it, I think the code on the prize tag must have been wrong. Didn’t even notice it at first, because I understood 12, 99 instead of 2, 99, which is close to the actual prize (15?) and paid with my card, so I didn’t get money back  (yess, first 3 € purchase I’ve ever used a card for…)

# Mango necklace – I spoke about this in my last posting about Mango’s lookbook.

# h&m necklace – I’ve had it in my hands many times, but never really liked it in real life, but it looked just so nice in about 198347983 blog postings. I also didn’t find an other neon statement necklace I really loved (missed Zara’s yellow one). The purchase of the shirt somehow made want to buy it in the end, I might have seen a similar combination somewhere, don’t remember. I already like it in real life and love it in my pictures… In case someone from Munich is still looking for it – there are quite some left in the store in Neuhauserstr (the one that also has trend).

Outfit + complaining

On instagram (I’m solocato there, btw) I said I was going to wear the necklace + shirt for a short walk to the post office, as a “test”. I wasn’t serious, of course, but in the end my test turned out to be very positive. I got a nasty comment from a (heavily overweight) girl dressed in cliché German style – baggy functional shapeless T-shirt and pants, training shoes. Seriously, can anyone explain to me why people who obviously don’t care about fashion and dressing in general (which is totally not wrong!) spend so much energy and thoughts on other people’s clothing??!!! It’s so German (Munich?) that girls apparently feel a pressure NOT to be interested in clothes and fashion, and express this lack of interest at any possible occasion, not matter if it includes offending others, just not be rated as superficial, stupid, uneducated. With this, of course, there comes one positive thing: the pressure for women to worry about their looks 24/7 is much lower here, than in other countries. And I totally enjoy not dressing up and running around the library in my worn down jeans, hoodie, converse, without makeup. But why can’t we just be open minded enough, to rate people by other things than what they’re wearing??

My city has the reputation of being all rich and snobby, and really there are plenty of people wearing the Lous Vuitton, Ralph Lauren, Burberry, Ugg, Barbour uniform, and occasionally they’re behaving like stupid arrogant idiots. But so much more often it’s the plain fraction, that offends me in the streets for what I’m wearing when I felt like dressig up or fashionably, or for my body shape. Arrghhh, a change of country is much needed at the moment!

IMG_20120817_155740tumblr_m8wng09GQm1qk75dio1_500

pants, top: Zara, necklace: h&m, shoes: Les Trepeziennes, bag: Longchamp

1 comment: