Monday, March 18, 2013

New in/inspiration: Fake Fur Jackets

I wrote this posting last weekend, and at some point I felt kind of conscious about what I was just about to produce and wasn’t sure whether I should publish it at all… Therefore I want to stress that I totally oppose real furs as trend items. I’ve got a fur coat at home, myself, which used to be my Mum’s and she bought it many, many years ago back in Romania. I like to wear it occasionally when it’s very cold and have done so for years. As a one season trend thing, it’s a no-go, and for that reason I also didn’t like what I saw on many catwalk during the past fashion month.

fur68ee8f6bcf7bd1ccb944c2d10aedfa5d-horz

Karolina Thaler via miamarionette - stockholm streetstyle - Zuzanna Bijoch via stylebistro

But at the same time I got to love all those furry and hopefully fake jackets, that have been around for a while, now. At first, I wasn’t too much into it, since many of them just seem to lack any shape, now I love exactly that. So no surprise that I got really excited when I spotted a burgundy one (favourite colour!) at h&m trend. But first I couldn’t justify the price of 70 pounds at all. Then my size was gone. Finally I spotted the ones that were left for 50% off and decided to take one, even though it’s technically too big. But as I said, I actually like them when they’re huge and mine, for a change, is really long on me and sleeves are long enough. What do you think? Stupid to buy a jacket that is actually too big?? Or nice change from all the fitted items? And it’s soooo soft!

Of course I don’t really know if the jackets in the pictures are fake or not. Karmen’s huge pinkish thing is said to be fake, let’s hope that’s true.

furla modella mafia karmen pedaru in Vintage Prada Fur, JBrand jeans, Tod's shoes, and Chanel bag via stolckholmstreetstyle-horz

Karmen Pedaru via stockholm streetsylemodelsjamfash’n chips

furichfur

mine from h&m trend

1 comment: