Tuesday, December 6, 2011

New Skirt Loves Part II: Long and short–mixed

Is it just me or are mixes of short and long in one skirt coming up recently? Maybe I was just blind before, but somehow I see them so often lately. By “short and long mix” I mean asymmetrical skirts, as well as combinations of a long, see-through skirt with a mini underneath. It’s a pretty eye catcher and both variations seem to partake something very delicate and elegant – nearly ethereal. The floating fabric of the asymmetrical dresses reminds me of a veiling train and the lace optic of the see-through ones leaves a similar impression. Only Taylor Tomasi Hill in the printed skirt manages to pull off a look which seems less ethereal but more casusally elegant. Despite those 10 cm heels.

Currently quite some variation are hitting Zara, but I don’t really know, whether I only like them on other people or will be able to integrate them into my wardrobe, as well. Moreover: what to wear them for? For drinks out with my friends? Never ever, considering what I just said about the look. Even the combinations with leather skirts I posted further down, lean too much towards “fancy train”. For something more formal? Nope, too short. Taylor Tomasi Hill’s Outfit? Dressed like that I’d probably look like a clown. So I think I should try the newly discovered mini- pencil- and maxi skirts first…..

Part I about the pencil skirt

6f0847e6f3c6ca2d17184cf73d3ea17f787041_streetstyle-fashion-week-paris-2012

Fell in love with this kind of skirt/dress lenghts after I saw Roos’ pictures. Dress from Love. And the unique Anna dello Russo via

083e2e0698e139239390e7923dbe3e97195431_980IMG_1928bear

Anja Rubik and that girl I saw outsiede Barbara Bui. I prefer the unknown girl, Anja’s is too obvious for my taste.

301938_10150343848164082_15212354081_7875973_1227602984_nshopbob

Taylor Tomasi Hill in thakoon, I read somewhere, via stylebop

IMG_1841bear-horz

My first encounter with short meets long in real life – Paris outside Balmain. + Sequin skirt, + big shoulders + that designer bag (Celine?) – can it get any trendier?

tumblr_lupm051Oes1qk75dio1_1280bear194710_980

Me at Zara, please note that’s NOT an outfit picture, I just tried it on in the changig room. And Caroline in another short meets long variation.

loook69733663

Sietske twice in the same in h&m trend dress. I prefer the tunic look on the right, I think

212735_980image1xl

Nude in the street and asos online shop

5d26cf2bdba47520_109365845_10

Gucci fall/winter 2011/12 via style.com

 

I didn’t credit stockholmstreetstyle click. You probably know their pictures, they’re those with the stockholm streetstyle tag, and that one of Caroline herself. Other uncredites images are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment