I’ve never ever in my life worn a lot of skirts, I’m a pants girl and skirtwise only feel like myself in simple, clean and (very) short ones. So far at least… Lately there are so many shapes that have caught my eye . I blame my stay in Paris and all the influence I got there.
This first one I’m writing about is the pencil skirt. Or more or less pencil, anything that goes from high-waist to knee or slightly above, and is more or less fitted. Somehow it seems to be everywhere now, and I guess it’s the Voguettes fault, that it made its way into my brain. At least for me pencil skirts used to be a perfect item for any business wardrobe, and I’ve even got one, which I bought for an internship. But never for one second thought about wearing it off the office or very formal events.
Now many of the pencil skirts I’ve seen are patterned, wrapped, carry a delicate lace embroidery, are made of leather or jeans or are in any other way not that classic and slightly boring piece I used to think of, when I thought “pencil skirt”. I love how those striking ones are often worn with very simple, but elegant tops. After all I must admit that so far I also totally missed what a favour the pencil shape does to a lot of women’s figures. Below you’ll find my favourites – very chic, yet edgy on the fashion ladies and casual, cool mixes on blogger girls. Thank you for the inspiration!
Since I’m invited to a wedding in two weeks time, I will take the chance and try to make a pencil skit outfit work for the occasion. Though there’s no formal dress code the bride apparently wants it to be a very classic, romantic wedding, so not sure if I’ll succeed. I will let you know!
My favourite among all the vogue ladies: Carine via and blogger Elena in Zara trf.
h&m fall conscious collection – didn’t care for the collection ‘till I saw this look on columbine smille
my pictures from Paris. on the left might be asos. one of my favourites is the girl on the right! The draping makes that lengths very fresh and youthful
Frl. Lara totally made my morning with this look: so simple, yet effortlessly chic – the jeans skirt is Isabel Marant; and Carine in black and white via . Love the accessorizing in both outfits!
more pattern: Caroline Issa makes leo look elegant via and Carine – via
nude look on Carine (source: Wayne Tippetts) and Vanessa Coyle via
more black and white pattern : pic1: source Team Peter Stigter and Taylor Tomasi Hill via
Runway FW 2011/2012 examples: Diane von Fürstenberg and Gucci via
I love the look of a pencil skirt, so chic, but I'm not much of a skirt wearer, and I have never tried a pencil skirt that stayed put - they always turn around and ride up, probably because they're too tight or too loose and never just right. A tulip style is much more flattering for me...
ReplyDeleteA lace one is so beautiful, and Carine Roitfeld has made an art of pencil skirts!
wow, really great article! since i bought the one from isabel marant, i even fell more in love with pencil skirts :-) and many thanks for mentioning me and my blog :-)
ReplyDeletexxx lara
Lin: I still haven't found one for me too. Or better to say I have one, but might return it, since I can't make it work for the wedding. Maybe I should go back to pants ;).
ReplyDeleteFrl Lara: I'm so glad you like it! And thanks again for letting me use your picture, loved that look! And thank you also very much for linking me!! :)