Paris Fashion Week started last Tuesday afternoon with shows of designers I’ve actually never heard of (thimister and Julien David). Since I wanted to “check out” the atmosphere in front of the door of a show, I thought that those probably less popular events might be a good chance and decided to have a look around two shows that took place right next to each other in the evening, after my touristy day programme. My newly discovered favourite Frozen Yogurt Store is just around the corner, which increases my motivation to make my way there, after I had ended my sight-seeing tour in the 16th arrondissement, at the other end of the city. I hope I won’t be totally disappointed…
When getting off the Metro train in Marais, I spot that tall, very skinny girl, that steps out of the train right in front of me. She takes the same direction as I do, then disappears behind a door that has a note saying “Model Casting”. Now I know that I can’t be too wrong around here. Just a few meters further I bump into a group of strikingly tall, skinny and pretty girls, accompanied by an “average female”, apparently their agent who guides them to their accommodation, as I find out since I decided to follow them a few meters to a blue door. I feel like a stalker…
After the girls disappeared behind the door, I go back and look for the two show venues for tonight. It’s shortly before the start of the first show, but I’m obviously the only one around, who isn’t professionally involved, there aren’t even any photographers. In front of each venue there’s a serious looking guy with a guest list, whose attention I immediately get, when I stop at the opposite side of the street and watch the scenery. I feel stupid and decide that it was time for Frozen Yogurt now. (btw. in case you’re interested – it’s my berry)
After my Frozen Yogurt I go back to the Fashion Show/Blue door area and all out of sudden, the city seems to full of those strikingly beautiful, tall and skinny girls, arriving from all directions alone or in groups, sometimes accompanied by their agents (drivers??) who are carrying their luggage. I’m totally flashed, and think I don’t want to hear any “You should work as a model – you totally have the body type” comments from my friends in the near future. For example there’s that gorgeous dark skinned girl, whose hips seem to be in the hight of me shoulders.
After a while I decide to go home, and even though I didn’t take any fancy pictures, I feel that “something” for me new and exciting has started and I can’t wait for what is going to happen during the next few days.
Btw. disclaimer: I said “model stalking” in my headline and described that I followed some girls to their accommodation. The headline is to be taken somewhat ironic and of course, I wasn’t going to get too close to anyone’s privacy, just was curious what was going on, and at first thought the girls might go to the show I was just on my way to (they didn’t have any luggage – don’t ask me why). That’s also why I didn’t give any explicit street or metro station names. I kept quite a distance and only took that one picture where you actually don’t recognise anything (and manipulated it to make it even less clear). Any later time I met models away from work on the street or in public transport I didn’t take any pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment