Friday, October 28, 2011

Highlights of the Week

I’ve decided that I’m going to create a posting once in a while (a week?) to share those little things that caught my eye or inspired me, but shouldn’t really get their own posting. I hope you don’t mind that my texts will be very short, but I’m giving links for more information, of course! So one day after the Euro World was saved, I’ll present you the truely important news of this week…  Hope you’ll like it, here you go:
Outfits: Streetstyle:
213446_980blm_bs_ss12_007
Aymeline Valade, simple, cool and it works via and Daria Strokous’ full outfit at Balmain via – I still love skinnies + simple shirts
213613_980stockSpring_2012_Models_24_R_0_DPCI9_Rxstylebistro
skirts skirts skirts via and Melissa Tammerijn via – saw her in this outfit in Paris at night and since then hoped I would find a picture of it!

News
Karl Lagerfeld is going to launch two new lines – and one of them will actually be affordable for people like me. :) It will be called “Karl”, set at a prize range from 60-300 €, exclusively available on net-a-porter.com and contain a “rock chic influence”. Nice, only slightly belated birthday pressie to self?? Next year there he is going to launch a second somewhat more expensive line called Karl Lagerfeld Paris.
And again Karl: Chanel’s spring summer campaign will be styled by Carine Roitfeld, photographed by Karl as usually – but – feature Joan Smalls and Saskia de Brauw. So no more Freja Beha Erichsen after a long time. I’m a little disappointed, because I liked her so much in the previous campaigns, but on the other hand it’s probably time to move on for both, Freja and Chanel, and I’m looking forward to new possibilities that will hopfully open up now, for both of them. Moreover Karl wants to be Frejas friend even after she stops working for him, he said at Markus Lanz talk show in German TV. So everything’s fine ;P. (via: twitter.com/jimshi809)
Lily Donaldson started blogging for showstudio. I’m looking forward to what she’s going to tell us! Find her here.
Carine Roitfeld is going to launch her own magazine next year and just released a book (written by Olivier Zahm apparently, and full of pictures). I don’t collect fashion and beauty-related books, because the good ones are usually out of reach for me – prize wise, but this one sounds temping, it’s 63 $. Carine spoke about both projects with Dazed Digital.
Music: Beethoven
Since it was used in Lanvin’s spring summer 2012 fashion show, I’ve had the Allegretto of Beethovens 7th in my head and have put it into my CD player again, after a long time. I was listening to Lanvin’s music mix from outside and loved the mix of a strong rythm, a soft female voice, piano and bits of Beethoven, here’s just a bit of it.
Outfit - red carpet
Keira Knightley Dangerous Method Premiere EQMca2v1Barl130215953wireimage
Keira Knightley at A Dangerous Method– first night via and Rosie Huntington Whiteley via
ad campaign: Free People
“Through the decades” is the title of free people’s new catalogue – book, and it has caught my eye because of it’s chapter about the 1920ies. Beautiful pictures, taken by David Bellemore, feature Zuzanna and Julia Bijoch and Elsa Hosk. And yes, I love the 1920ies, it’s so random, I know! A posting about Midnight in Paris is just being prepared, too.
I13190025162195426_3I13190025162195426_8I13190025162195426_9Through the Decades Holiday Book for Free PeopleI13190025162195426_1
 
Source and more: Fashion Gone Rouge
art: Surrealism and Photography
I read about this exhibition of Surrealist paintings today. To keep it short: It contains pictures of Dali, Magritte, De Chirico and many others, and I would love to see it, since Surrealism is one of the very few art trends of the 20th century I really like. It’s at Beyeler Foundation near Basel first, then in Brussels. Link (in German, I’m sorry).
And I hope I will have the chance to see that exhibitions of portrait– society- and fashion photography of the 20th century at Museum Ludwig in Cologne this weekend. I will tell you about it, but in case you’re from Cologne and interested you have to go this weekend – the exhibition’s over next week, I think. Link
text (online/book/magazine): the red dot
Didn’t know how to call this, but just want to recommend writings I recently read and liked. I started Fitzgeralds “The beautiful and the damned” this week, but can’t say that much about it yet, apart from that I really like it. But my favourite text of this week is the red dot’s very first posting on what inspires her. The best “inspiration” posting I’ve ever read I believe and not just a collection of pretty pictures. (Like mine, but I’m going to work on that ;) ). After reading her posting I truly wish I had more (any?) sense of colours! What a captivating blog post, that is inspiring on it’s own, too!
link: fash’n chips
I stumbled upon this blog this week. I only like very few style diary blogs, but her outfits made me follow her, and there’s alot more than just outfit posts.
pieces
I called it “pieces” because I hate the word “cravings”. I don’t like to use slang words in general, but “cravings” is just terrible to me. I’m not “craving” for a new pullover…. Not sure if “pieces” comes across more intelligently, though.

80411_in_l168297_fr_ltumblr_ltqffjBP9V1qk75dio1_500Unbenanntccweekdayknit
T by Alexander Wang shirt and skirt via
Thumbhole-cashmere sweater: COS, on me
Petit Bateau/10 Corso Como Mariniere via – I don’t often like stripes on me, but this one seems to work
Weekday Sweater via – will look for it in Cologne – I just hope it’s not cropped

Pictures:
Behind the scenes at Chanel spring/summer 2012 Fashion show:
karl-lagerfeld-1lefigkarl-lagerfeld-4karl-lagerfeld-3

No comments:

Post a Comment