Before going on Wednesday I had made a list of shows I was mostly interested in – some because of the designers, some because of models that used to walk there in the past. Unfortunately I hadn’t been able to find out where Dries van Noten was going to took place, online I only found “see invitation” for location. During my time in Belgium I had read a bit about the Belgian designers and Dries became one of my favourites. Whatever, wouln’t have seen the clothes, anyway.
arrivals
everyone’s waiting….
So Rochas would be my first show, and since it was located close to Champy Elysees, I decided to visit the Orangerie museum in Jarden des Tuileries first. And already in the underground at the next metro stop - Concorde – I run into a strikingly beautiful Asian girl, one of the tallest girls I’ve seen during my whole time there and obviously totally lost. I’m starring at her like a child at a christmas tree and only a few minutes later realise, that I should have offered some help, as I normally do when I see helpless tourists in my city. I was well equipped with my paris map, metro plan and moreover I’m good at directions in general.
When I arrive at Rochas it is already a few minutes after the time, the show was scheduled for, but I had got a little lost (why are there two streets with very similar names in one arrondissement?? I wrote down the wrong one, but the right one was luckily literally around the corner). There’s a crowd in front of the door, but among the first people I see, there are two familiar faces: Hanneli Mustaparta and Caroline from Caroline’s Mode. Hanneli looks at me smiling, maybe she’s wondering, if she knows me. I’m changing lenses on my objective, but to my huge surprise all the “important” people arrive by foot and cross the street or walk down the sideway right in front of me. My tele is totally useless and I try to get a glimpse of Caroline’s lense. It’s a 24-70mm objective- would be perfect! I must go back to my weak Canon Standard 18-55mm. Frankly speaking it takes some time til I’ve totally arrived, start using my camera and the pictures I took during those minutes clearly wouldn’t become the best ones of my trip. But I’m not THAT interested in taking pictures of editors, I’m there for the models, whom I will get to see after the show (hopefully).
best pic of Anna I got….
As soon as the show is over, there comes a crowd of people running out of the venue – it’s Anna Wintour, surrounded by her security personnel and photographers. Later I am lucky to take some pictures of especially Siri Tollerod and Hanne Gaby Odiele, Siri’s driver was parking right next to where I was standing.
Franca Sozzani leaving the venue
Then I move further to Gareth Pugh. Freja was walking there last season, and some other top-models, I hope I will see Freja. In the end she wasn’t there, but I get pictures of other well-known models, especially Joan Smalls and Karlie Kloss, before it got too dark. And despite the upcoming night I decide to have a look at Rue du Mail’s venue, too. Karmen was walking there…… I’m waiting outside and at some point I believe I’m almost the only one, who isn’t there for his job. For pictures it’s way too dark now, but I don’t regret having come, because all that stress and crazyness of the bigger shows seems to be gone, and after the show I just see a lot of people leaving the venue, who seem to be happy that the end of a long day of work has finally come. In the end I even spot Karmen, accompanied by her agent, quickly jumping into her car.
Magdalena Frackowiak
Melissa Tammerij (??)
Karlie really IS tall. Wearing her heels she was really somewhere up there – though I’m 5.10 myself.
More pictures, especially those I mentioned, will be posted seperately!! It’s late, I’m sorry…
you captured the fashion in its frenzy! love love them!! x
ReplyDeletehttp://www.iletaitunefois.com.au/
omg so many famous people!!!
ReplyDeletex
shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com
Thank you!! :)
ReplyDelete