First oops because it was a lot of money for just one shopping day, second oops because I’m obviously easily attracted by a certain colour palette.
I used two coupons for Douglas yesterday and got some things I’ve been after for a really long time. Sounds stupid, but apart from the coupon coincidence I also often buy new make-up before I go on vacations, because when putting together what I want to take with me, I realise, what I need (or just what I think I’d need). And it could even have been more because I have an unfinished MAC here and wanted to complete it to have my perfect travel quad. But both shades were out of stock (message??). I already have Wedge and Orb and was going to get Mystery and Shale. What do you think of this combination?
So this is what I got:
# MAC blush Well dressed: I’ve been after this one almost for years but for whatever reasons I haven’t got it earlier. I don’t like strong blush colours on me and moreover don’t easily find shades that suit my fair, cool complexion. This one is simply perfect, a touch of freshness, as it’s been said so many times. But not made for people who are considerably darker than me. Even I have to add several layers; usually I have to be very careful not to paint me two bars into my face. Sorry there’s no better picture of it. I took several but they’re blurry. Douglas, 23 €
# Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Warm Ivory: I’ve been going to get this for a long time, too, especially since their matching concealer is the best one I’ve ever found! I’m wearing it today and I like it, it’s almost invisible on me, and I don’t “feel” it, but my skin looks a lot fresher than it actually does. I didn’t add as much as I’d normally do, just in case I get irritations, so I can’t say how covering it really is. It’s definitely among the less covering foundations. So far I used an artdeco mineral compact foundation, but it’s too dark for me during winter and in summer I heavily sweat underneath it. Douglas, 41,90 €
# Chanel Le Vernis April: Finally, after it’s been on my list since January. I like it very much in the bottle but haven’t used it yet. Mimosa is my Easter Colour. Müller, 18,80 €
# Catrice Polish Welcome to Rosywood: Had to get it when I saw it at the store, I love this sort of colours and usually like Catrice polishes. I hope it keeps me from getting another Chanel: Rose Confidentiel. Haven’t applied this one yet. Müller, 2,45 €
# Veet Cold Wax Strips: Another try for cold wax. I get a long well with warm wax but using it is always such a big story. First it takes some time to warm it up, then it’s too hot at first and after a while of using it’s too cold again. Moreover I’m a pig and my bathroom is full of wax afterwards. So I’m going to give cold wax a final chance, but I have to admit that it has never worked well for me… Müller, 7,95 €
And *LOL*. There were like 3 or 4 different kinds of Wax Strips by Veet, I was in a hurry and just randomly grabbed one of them. When I took the picture I realised why….
# What looks like an accident is the make-up sponge I also got. Not the perfect solution, I know, and it seems to eat a lot of foundation, but I was trying to safe money at least for now. The receipt says B. Hofmann, Douglas, 1,95 €
Oh, and I mentioned the Zara shirt I ordered in my last posting. I got the message that I could pick it up at the store when I happened to be almost in front of it. But the sales assistant couldn’t find it. Maybe I was too early?
Ooooh I drool *__*
ReplyDeleteThe best Veet strips in my opinion are the ones with aloe, I also tried the ones with almond something but I think the aloe ones are better... I use them for quick in-between "serious" waxes (I bought the professional wax in Italy... in Belgium they really don't know how to do it so I decided to do everything on my own :p)
kiss kiss