Thursday, February 28, 2013

h&m Fall/Winter 2013/14 (updt.**)

hm13hm14hm8hm2hm.6hm

After Topshop and Mango, h&m has presented its next collection during a leading Fashion Week, in this case it’s Paris. They chose Dior’s favoured venue, Musee Rodin, hired a bunch of the biggest models of the moment, and got an audience full of celebrities and fashion insiders like Carine Roitfeld and Ashely Olsen.

The collection, which carries a strong tomboy spirit, combines tailored shapes with delicate dresses, dramatic silhouettes and a faded sense of grandeur.* When it comes to big high street houses like h&m, I don’t expect that much of an innovative design or a vision, I just want to see something that I might like to wear myself. And this collection totally got me there, I almost can’t wait for fall to come, again (well, only almost…). I’ve been thinking about leather (not the suede version) overknees for a while and just judging from the pictures, these seem to be perfect. Moreover I’ve been looking for a fake fur jacket  and finally took the decision to buy the burgundy one from the current trend collection, but my size is sold out by now. Moreover I love the colour palette (better to say, the non-colour palette), the delicate dresses with their 20/70ies vibes, and all equally the masculine cuts. And I definitely wouldn’t mind if the leather jacket on Karmen** (far right first row) and the big, chunky knit-dress on Andreea (second from left, second row) moved in, next fall. Does anyone know which line and price range these will be from? Is it trend only? I’ve read something about a 300€ trend jacket in the upcoming spring collection, so I’m a little scared where this will us lead to. But anyway, I should better keep away from h&m trend for the moment. I never liked h&m for anything but basics and cheap accessories (you know, these pieces that you feel you need for a certain outfit, but don’t want to spend much money on) and suddenly I find everything I want at h&m trend. Let’s hope for the fall collection, also because  the financial situation is supposed to change by then…

* Inspriation taken from the press statement.

** Comments on the internet indicate that nowfashion.com got something wrong and hasn’t put Karmen’s actual show picture, but a picture from the rehearsal online. That would mean that she’s wearing h&m boots, but apart from that her own clothes – so no new leather jacket in fall?? I’m not really sure because you can see Karmen in these clothes in the back of other pictures…

hm4hm5hm9hm10hm15hm16

via nowfashion.com

After party

via hm.com/press

No comments:

Post a Comment