Woohoo we did it! After the rain had stopped yesterday, some friends and I decided to follow Take That’s concert from the hill, opposite the stadium. This time no outfit posting because what I wore should better not be seen by the public and luckily it was dark. ;)
I’m a little too young, to be really familiar with Take That during the 90ies, just remember their brake-up drama very well. But there are a few of their old songs, I definitely like. The story with Robbie Williams is a little different. I’m not desperately in love with him, but find him really sympathetic – as much as you can say that about a celebrity – and moreover: I love almost every song he ever sang during his solo career and especially also his IMO very remarkable voice. Now after their comeback I like “The flood” a lot, other songs are ok, too. But this “modest” excitement for Take That as a band kept me from buying tickets for the concert. Not a fan of sitting far in the back in a football arena but wouldn’t want to spend a lot of money for front row tickets on them.
What can I say about yesterday? We arrived pretty late and therefore apparently missed most of Robbie’s own songs, but I’m trying to focus on what we actually heard and not to be disappointed. The atmosphere on the hill is very relaxed, people are having picnics, drinking wine, but are also singing the songs and carry luminous concert stuff (does it make sense? I mean sparklers and those blinking plastic pieces, people bring to concerts). More important: The acoustic is simply brilliant. Some say that it was better than in some corners of the stadium. We understood (almost) every single word Robbie and the others spoke in-between the songs. Also very nice: the view to the stadium, Olympia lake, a little fair with a giant wheel and the Olympia tower. Only towards the stage there are some trees in the way. Probably planted on purpose ;).
After all I think that for a concert of a favourite artist of mine I’d want to be in the place and see what’s going on in the middle of an excited crowd. But for a concert like this, where I just wanted to enjoy the music in a less busy place, this hill is just perfect"! Big recommendation for everyone from Munich!!
And now I realise that this post became a lot longer than I had intended. Hope I didn’t bore anyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment