Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vienna Impressions - I

 

I’m totally unable to decide which ones to post, therefore it became quite a lot – posting is split to prevent the page from being too slow.

Update: After I changed my layout I decided to alter this posting a little, it didn’t fit into the frame anymore:

IMG_8942bear

Books at Melk Monastery’s old library. We stopped there on our way.

IMG_8983bear2

Cruiser on Danube river. Reminds me a litle of the cruiser in Agatha Christie’s Death on the Nile. I know I have too much phantasy.

IMG_9236bear

Medical staff at Otto von Habsburgs’s funeral procession. I’m oldfashioned and therefore passionately hate those things they’re standing on, therefore I couldn’t resist and took the picture.(of course they are very useful in this case, though!)

IMG_9227bear

Swedish Royals at the funeral. I like the guy in the background at the right.

IMG_8989bear

“Graben” Street at the heart of Vienna. (There’s the most beautiful h&m store I’ve ever encountered)

IMG00278-20110717-1530bear

Best Kaiserschmarrn I ever had – hat Café Restaurant Landtmann, right next to the Burgtheater

IMG_9021bear

People queuning in front of Kapuziner – church to condole Otto von Habsburg

IMG_9194bear3.JPG2656

Army division in the funeral procession. I’m feeling a bit bad but couldn’t resist photoshopping a little….. And seriously, this funeral procession was a unique and very impressive event. Specially those precisely marching army divisions while music ensembles played a famous funeral march caused me goosepimples (Gänsehaut).

IMG_9239bear2filter2

Square dedicated to the former major Helmut Zilk, in the background the old and famous Café Mozart.

IMG_9262bear

Anarchist poster in an old shopping window at Leopoldstadt, close to our hotel.

 

IMG_9042bear

Entrance of Albertina art museum.

IMG_9071bear

Some of Albertina’s current exhibitions. My favourite was Monet till Picasso, I guess that’s my favourite art periode.

IMG_9072bear

Palmenhaus – “palm tree house”

IMG_9074bear

Burggarten

IMG_9102bear2

Fiaker carriage – at Hofburg

IMG_9111bear

Art Nouveau Jewellery in Leopold Museum. I think that was a temporary exhibition, pieces from all over Europe were displayed. Very nice to look at!

IMG_9135bear

Inside Leopold Museum’s Art Nouveau department. In the background there is a painting of one of my favourite artists – Gustav Klimt

IMG_9304xxbear

At Heuriger Wine Restaurant: Live music in the garden. (for more information see part II)

IMG_9144bear

Door of the house where Nestroy was born. We had a delicious luch at an Italian restaurant right opposed to it.

IMG_9140bear

Statue in front of the Art History Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment