Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beautiful Rural Romania

 

I hope you’re interested…… We (family and friends) have been thinking about going on a trip to Romania again, which made me look through my old pictures. Last time I was depeely impressed by the hospitality, beautiful landscape and also by how hard these people are working to earn a decent living. Of course this is just the rural part of the country and in the cities there’s a lot of wealth (and corruption) but also contrasted to upsetting poverism. Especially elderly people that are begging because their pension simply isn’t enough to survive, caught my eye and heart.

And of course I find the gypsies’ live incredibly fascinating. Couldn’t imagine there were still people living in weagons on the road like that in 2003.

Sorry for low picture qualitly. I took them with my old analogue camera from the car, and didnt scan them very well….

 

romania 0033bear

romania 0034bear - Kopieromania 004bearlsdjflsdajflsdjflsbear

romania 0023bear1

romania 0071bear

romania 00210bear

romania 0041

via: me

3 comments:

  1. I am actually really interested in Romania and romanian culture. Two of my closest friends come from there and we've talked a thousand times about visiting them, but I' ve somehow never managed to organise this. I'd love to though, I've seen pictures of the region they live in and the nature is overwhelming (Piatra Neamt). The romanian temperament also suits me very well :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely have to go!!! :) Especially since you've got friends there! If you have any questions and for whatever reasons your friends can't answer them - feel free to ask me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! :)I'll definately try to with the next opportunity!!! :)

    ReplyDelete