A new pair of thong sandals has been on on my shopping list since last summer, I only had 2 pairs so far. One no name product I got during my holidays in Monaco four years ago and I love them and wore them every (hot) day ever since, but now they seem to break soon. The other one’s from Zara, they hurt a little where the thong crosses the toes and moreover they become very very slippery after a while (sweaty feet and so), I stumbled a couple of times and almost fell.
Then I was indecisive what to get. I like the look of K Jacques’ very simple ones a lot, but 180 € isn’t a prize I see myself spending on sandals any time soon. So where are the knock-offs?
First – of course – Zara, they have so many fancy sandals these days, but the more I look at them the more I realise that I want very very simple ones like those “leather thong only” K Jacques. And of course I still remember my other Zara pair.
Steve Madden also makes this kind of sandals, but on the one hand I didn’t find a pair I liked enough, on the other hand they are still a tad bit too expensive (and still “Made in China”).
So I ended up with Les Tropéziennes. “Les Tropéziennes” is also the nick of K Jacques’ thong sandals and they fully meet my “simple leather thong” requirements. Mine were only 35 € via amazon.de. And here comes the big BUT: They are made in India like the poisoned Buffalo shoes (link) and of a similar prize range, so I’d have to be very naive to believe those were safe only because they’re made by another brand… I’ve worn them a few times by now, and what can I say? They are super comfortable and don’t do any harm to my sensitive toes that often suffer from shoes like this. The sole is a tad bit orangey, but it’s really still ok, especially since you don’t see much of it. I’d say that they run rather small. I’m usually between 40 and 41 and here 41 is just fine but shouldn’t be any shorter. From what I see I can only totally recommend them, still I hope I’ll be able to buy the “Made in France” K.Jacques, one day. Just to make me feel better…
(Please keep in mind that I don’t have any definite information on the quality and production conditions of Les Tropéziennes!!)
more pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment