Monday, July 16, 2012

Mango at 080 Barcelona Fashion Week

MANGO_031MANGO_016MANGO_034MANGO_068MANGO_050

all pictures via 080barcelonafashion

Last Wednesday Mango presented their new collection at Barcelona Fashion Week and even let us follow the spectacle “live” on their website. *Sarcasm* because I was quite pi**ed, first, what was announced as a live stream obviously wasn’t one since pictures of the show came up on twitter more than one hour before the stream was set to start. Secondly because I waited for more than one hour for the not so “live” stream to start and thirdly because I got the crap*iest stream ever (if that was my laptop’s fault – sorry!). But I have to say that I’m quickly cooling down now, I think I like what I see, without being crazily excited, though.

First the big, floating pants. I’ve seen them at the the Fashion Weeks already a while ago and must say, I feel like wearing those. Then the lose tops, colour palette (shades of brown, grey, white, black, red, not the metallic), deep cleavages, pencil skirts, leather, the woollen shorts and also the overknee boots, though I can’t see myself wearing them, at all. One of my favourites – surprise, surprise – the leo maxi skirt. I normally only like leo on smaller items like ballerinas or scarves, but here I immediately fell in love with the skirt, even when watching the blurry live stream. I don’t like the leo jackets that much, though, and same for the already mentioned “Balmainesque” metallic pieces.

But here comes the big question: which collection is that?? The stream and the page on 080barcelonafashion don’t say anything. The Fashion Week overall is for spring summer 2013. But this doesn’t look like a spring/summer fashion show for one second, not even like a failed one. And Mango presenting their stuff before the big brands where they usually take “inspiration” (ehum) from – noooo way?!! So it kind of has to be Fall/Winter 2012, no?

Live music and everybody dancing at the end (my screen shot lol). The setting in the garden of a big villa was quite nice, though.

mangowerwerererer

More looks behind the cut, full collection on 080barcelonafashion.com

MANGO_001MANGO_007MANGO_029MANGO_036MANGO_104MANGO_046MANGO_055MANGO_066MANGO_070MANGO_079MANGO_081MANGO_092MANGO_097MANGO_505MANGO_541

[Argh and off-topic here, but my favourite high street brand is apparently going to open a second store in the centre of Munich at Theatinerstraße. They’re currently looking for staff on their website. Finally!! The one Mango we’ve had so far in the centre (I almost never shop at the shopping centres in the outskirts) spreads over four tiny floors, not the best shopping experience one can have.]

No comments:

Post a Comment