Have a good pre-Christmas season, everyone! Here in Germany the time of “Advent” started this weekend. That’s how we call the four weeks before Christmas. You usually already have your house decorated, have made “Plätzchen” - cookies and from a religious point of view the time is meant for slowing down, for consideration and self-examination. To get mentally ready for the Christmas days.
We also have “Christmas markets” everywhere. There you can have some glühwein (hot mulled wine), lots of snacks, especially sweet ones, but also buy Christmas related things. The little one in my villages was only yesterday. Very small but a little uncommon – at an old farm house and with a lot of sellers who offer crafted products. Very nice to look at, but not exactly the place where I’d buy a lot. Unfortunately it’s terribly “hot” here currently. When we left for the market after nightfall, it was still like 10 °C. And it’s also very dry, no snow in sight at the moment. So I’m not really in a Christmas mood… I really love snow and cold weather – have I mentioned it yet? ;) Still, here are some phone pic impressions.
on the right: cute Labrador eating candyfloss
No comments:
Post a Comment