Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fashion Week Diary Part IV: Friday, 30.09.

Hmmm, I think there isn’t sooo much to tell you about Friday, so no anecdote overload like in my last diary posting, this time. I “only” went to Dior and Lanvin, and especially after Dior I got the chance to take so many pictures of gorgeous people, I had a wonderful time there and really hope I will be able to go again, next year!

IMG_2019bear-horz

no clue, who she is, I’m sorry, but we arrived at the same time and she was so nice and funny and I loved what she was wearing!

Dior took place at the beautiful Musee Rodin, and when I came there, the tiny street where it is located, was allready packed with people. This time I arrived a bit more in advance than usually so I saw a lot more fashonistas heading to the entrance than at prior shows. I think Dior also took the circus-craziness to a new level, so many nobodies that dressed up like for carnaval just to have thier picture taken. (And it worked!)

click for more, I think it’s better to split this posting, tooo many pictures…

IMG_2086bear

I ought to know who they are, but I don’t, I’m sorry! nice and simple black outfits!

IMG_2073bear

one of my favourite pictures…

IMG_2100bear

Anya Ziourova

IMG_2070bear

Fred Flinstone? – No, a Russian multi-millionair people are whispering around me

IMG_2091bear

Virginie Mouzat surrounded by the “what are you wearing” ladies

IMG_2085bear

more and less important people – not sure who got more pictures

IMG_2106bear

less important (I think) but still lovely (and a favourite outfit!)!

One of the few times when I got really excited at seeing famous person was when Carine Roitfeld suddenly stood right in front of me. (pictures here) Only her daughter didn’t show up during my time in Paris. Maybe next year, Mom and Granny ;). At one point security staff started walking up and down the street yelling “Au trottoir s’il vous plaît” (Move back onto the sidewalk), since the road was open to the usual traffic but totally blocked by the fashion crowd. The security guys equally yelled at everyone who was in the streat, blogger and photographers, celebrities like Olivier Zahm, and after the show also at the models (hello Frida!).

After everyone had obviously arrived I decided to look for the backstage exit, which I found only a few meters further and a lot less crowded and there I waited for the girls.  And yes, I was soooo lucky, I took a lot of pictures, finally really nice ones (sorry, self-praise) of Karmen Pedaru (here and here), some girls I didn’t even know before, but who now really have grown on me, especially Martha Streck, very surprisingly Karolina Kurkova, and my long time favourite model Vlada, I frankly speaking had forgotten about a little, lately (accompanied by my favourite tweeter Derek Blasberg as I realised yesterday(!) ). And so many others…..

IMG_2097bear

Au trottoir s’il vous plait!

IMG_2110bear

Olivier Zahm - late and right when the security guy screamed at him – looks a little irritated

IMG_2182bear

Photographer falls right in front of Josephine Skriver. She helps him to get back on his feet and makes sure that he’s ok. Not much worry among his colleagues, as you can see….

IMG_2208bear

I nearly missed Hailey Clauson posing like crazy. Luckily this one looks kind of authentic.

 

Later I moved further to Lanvin. I decided to skip Isabel Marant, because I didn’t want my last day in Paris to be so stressful. Looking for the Lanvin-tent at Tuileries turned out to be super easy because when I arrived the test walk apparently was taking place and loud music directed me to the tent. I first got some icecream and found a nice, shady place under the Tuilerie trees right next to the entrance, when I young French guy came over to me and told me not to eat the icecream because it would later be in my stomach – NICE TRY! After the icecream I surrounded the tent and discovered that from the other side where Musee de l’Orangerie is located, one had a spendid view into the backstage. I took pictures of Patricia van der Vliet, Colinne Michaelis and Ginta Lapina and felt bad because of it, especially when I realised a few minutes later, that those girls obviously tried to stay away from the busy area with all its backstage photographers etc etc.

Back at the entrance my main aim – besides taking pictures of beautiful outfits – was to finally take a decent one of Emanuelle Alt, all earlier tries hadn’t worked… And I was so lucky, Emanuelle, like Anna dello Russo and Giovanna Battaglia nearly literally walked into me, I seriously had to jump back when they passed by. After the show the same busy scene as always. Karmen Pedaru left the venue with her agent like every other time I had seen her and I’m afraid she recognised me from Dior, she was like smiling to herself. Carine was there, again. Freja was surrounded by way too many people to take a decent picture of her and Jac patiently posed for all of us. Ruby Aldridge waved at me – or at someone standing behind me, I’m just going to believe it was me…. Towards the end I met Siri Tollerod and Hanne Gaby Odiele again, who had made their way into my heart after my first show two days earlier. Then the one of the best farewell strolls one can have in Paris – through Tuileries towards Louvre and further to do some presents shopping. I hope, I will be back, soon!!!

IMG_2281bear

Male streetstyle IMO is terribly underrepresented . So many nice outfits and usually more understated and less predictable than female. No clue who they are, sorry!

IMG_2301bear

Rachel Zoe, I think

IMG_2303bear

Artist who happened to be in Paris during FW and took the chance to take pictures for his upcoming exhibition. I got to talk to him a couple of times and I’m going to write a seperate posting about him.

IMG_2335bear

Finally Emanuelle Alt – she’s got one more fan now ;)

IMG_2285beatr

LIke Emanuelle, Anna dello Russo and Giovanna Battaglia nearly literally walked into me.

IMG_2346bear

After the show – another favourite picture

IMG_2413bear2

Work and play so close to each other

IMG_2379bear-horz

Hello Ruby! Or is she saying no picture please? oops. Through the lense it looked like waving. And she’s smiling. Yes, WAVING!

IMG_2397bear

Besides Ruby, sweet Siri Tolleroed (and Alana Zimmer) has to represent the Lanvin – model squad in this posting

No comments:

Post a Comment