I didn’t know how to call this post since I looked a bit into the fashion shows of Milano menswear yesterday in my study breaks. But this is by no means supposed to be covering everything that happened yesterdeay and only contains what catched my eye and my amateurish point of view. Please note that I’m by no means caiming to be a professional fashion commentator. I usually follow womens Fashion Weeks a little, even though I can’t afford most of the designers and don’t even terribly want to and though I myself don’t dress all trendy all the time. This is now my first time menswear.
(edit: sorry this post is almost not readable, blogspot apparently doesn't like my layout and takes out empty lines etc)
(edit: sorry this post is almost not readable, blogspot apparently doesn't like my layout and takes out empty lines etc)
Prada
First I watched Prada’s show of that morning on youtube. It started almost tamely with grey suits and tiny floral accessoires, before flower power at it’s best broke out. Next year’s Mr. Prada wears floral and comic prints head to toe, mixed and matched with some checked pattern and shall never forget to carry his floral golf bag with him. Studded shoes and purses are a must, as well!
What I liked: paisley shawl on bare skin, giving some sort of retro look.
What I was wondering: How did the guys find their way through this golf course inspired scenery? The audience was sitting on pretty uncomfy looking cubes, which seemed to be equally distanced from each other, therefore not making clear, where the way though was supposed to be and not providing much space for the boys and audience’s legs. Luckily noone fell, a problem we usually just face in womens shows.
What am I thinkiiing: Well, deliberately kitschy,I’m glad I don’t have to wear it, but it would def make the world a little more colourful and I really liked the soundtrack: Mix of Fun Boy Three’s Tunnel of Love and Summertime.
You can currently watch the show here, but please keep in mind that all videos might be removed soon, due to copyright issues.
Gucci
Backstage @gucci Frida Giannini said that her collection uses elements of golf, fencing and the equestrian riding world as inspirations.
Read more: Livestreams S/S 12 - Page 8 - the Fashion Spot http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f60/livestreams-s-s-12-a-138579-8.html#ixzz1PvJ5GJAT
So we have golf again, this time I’m following the livestream finally… Gucci for sure was my favourite out of those four shows. I absolutely wound’t mind seeing some of the daywear Gucci boys in the streets, next summer. Cream-white-beige colours and some black, as well as flashy red accessoires. Overall it somehow reminds me of Tom Ford and Prada and has some serious retro vibes. Frida apparently foresees a pretty cold summer, since some of the guys presented pretty warm knitwear.
The second part of the show – eveningwear - was all about checked patterns. Looks funny and very retro, but I wouldn’t wear it , once again.
The show can be found here.
D&G
I missed D&G’s livestream because first it was delayed, then the page obviously broke down and I forgot about it and didn’t refresh…. Lots of strange patterns wich remind a bit of Gianni Versace, jeans blue and beige, and head-toe one colour. I don’t like it and don’t care because I’m still sulky because of the livestream mess. Maybe that last picture makes me smile a little…
Watch the show here.
Versace
Versace had a great stream again. I most of the time don’t like it, but sometimes really love it. This time we saw a lot of yellow, strange Zebra-inspired patterns again, pink head to toe and red-pink colour blocking, as well as a lot of light yellow and a leather suit. The dressing gown outfit was the tackiest thing I’ve seen in a while and wtf is he wearing on this feet - sandals with socks?? Apart from that I liked a few looks, especially the mix of classic and casual wear, but didn’t too excited. The music was very nice, it was apparently (someone on tfs) Portishead.
My highlight of the show: Donatella, apparently in a dress of her h&m collection:
No comments:
Post a Comment