Last night Hypovereinsbank and UniCredit presented a special music event in Munich, special, because of the free entrance. At different venues around Munich’s Fünf Höfe there were lots of different music acts of various kinds of music, and in a bookstore, lectures of renowned authors were given. Only negative thing: for the probably best performances one had to queue for ages and so we missed Kent Nagano directing some members of the Bavarian State Orchestra.
My highlight of the night: Ioan Holender, former director of the Vienna State Opera, read from his biography “Ich bin noch nicht fertig” (lit.: “I’m not yet done”) and later signed the book. Holender grew up in the same (Romanian) town as my mom and her family and was also part of a minority; therefore I was very eager to see him. (might sound stupid for many of you but there aren’t THAT many people from Timisoara out there, who got this far – I’ll skip Herta Müller). I spontaneously decided to get the book and had it signed. Joke of the night: police and public order office (Ordnungsamt) interrupted the event and forbid the book sale because of legal prescriptions on store opening times. Now everyone will be able to pick up their signed books next week, during regular opening times… I can’t wait, because he writes not only about his time as director of the Opera, but also about his childhood in fascist and later communist Romania, and frankly speaking also because I got a very nice personal dedication. :)
Outfit: I had been after the topshop dress on ebay for ages, now currently got 2 different sizes at home. Here I’m wearing the smaller one, which fits quite well in terms of width, but lengthwise it’s more like a tunic. Feedback is highly appreciated!! The bigger one is nicely long, but way too wide….. Ah, and bag and boots are of a much more similar colour than those pictures seem to suggest.
(jacket, scarf, bag: Zara, tunic-dress: topshop,boots: Nero Giardini, leggings: h&m)
I think I would keep the smaller one, since I hate wearing clothes that make me look wider. Is the problem wearing the dress in the summer with naked legs? I don't think you'd have a problem with your legs and body :)
ReplyDeleteThank you very much!! :) The "skirt-part" is pretty wide, therefore I'm not sure yet, if I'm going to wear it with naked legs, will try!
ReplyDelete