Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bits of Bergen

Bergen is such a beautiful old town and I really really want to go back there! Unfortunately it was once again raining heavily from time to time, and my leather boots got so wet, that I HAD to get rubber boots. That happened on Tuesday and they were still outside yesterday for drying…. In that kind of rain also an umbrella is only of little help. The Norwegian people seemed to be very adapted to the weather, almost everyone was wearing rubber boots (mostly Hunter) and rain coats and still managed to look elegant. Lots of people also seemed to enjoy jogging in the rain, my friend and I were really impressed! Gosh, I sound as if I just explored some natives in the rain forest, but simply love to watch people and their habits, when I’m abroad!

IMG_0584bear

Bryggen, beautiful old houses in the harbour of Bergen and World Cultural Heritage. In the background you can see Mount Floyen and Mount Ulriken (further away). We initially wanted to go up to Ulriken to enjoy the view on Bergen and the fjords around it, but then it was “only” the far lower Floyen, because of the damp air, which would have hindered a good sight anyway.

IMG_0577bearIMG_0579bear

Inside the Bryggen quarter.

IMG_0587bearIMG_0589bear

Artist at the harbour

IMG_0617bearIMG_0662bear

Beautiful white Scandinavian wooden houses. Unfortunately during heavy rain. But still so lovely built on the steep hillside.

IMG_0666bear2

Hurtigruten (traditional packet-) ship leaving Bergen for the far North of Norway. (And a bit of the sun – here’s no photoshopping involved!)

IMG_0644bear

View from Floyen onto Bergen. When we walked down, we met a lot of people  who were running (!) up (!) the pretty steep mountain in the rain (!). Wow!

IMG_0682bear

View from the plane that brought me back to Oslo – soooo much water!

No comments:

Post a Comment