I’m going to spend the next few days with a friend in Oslo. A little short and right before my language classes in Paris, but she’s only there for a few months and I will be busy later this fall and moreover this time want to visit a Nordic country during summer (after Reykjavik last October/November, breathtakingly beautiful but a little dark). I haven’t been to Norway yet, and I’m sooo excited. The planning has been a little chaotic, since people keep joining us and dropping out again, but now it looks like I’ll spend some time in and around Bergen, as well. And because I don’t know Scandinavian brands very well (except for the one with the two letters…..) I’ve been more than usually looking through Scandinavian fashion blogs lately. I don’t think that I will have time for a big shopping trip, but at least two brands have caught my eyes, Lindex and BikBok. And especially the two reddish jumpers – Lindex on the left and BikBok on the right. Most of the pieces in this posting are warm knitwear, which became all trendy this fall all out of sudden, but is something I’m looking forward to, every year at the end of summer. Same for wine red. One of the few real colours I love in my closet are dark shades of red, now they’re everywhere.
A wine red pullover a little similar to this one even is on my current fall wish list. Even the fabrics are quite ok, it’s 50% cotton + a mix of natural and synthetic fibres. The other red pullover looks a lot like Isabel Marant’s current “everybody’s favourite” (on Kate Bosworth). I must say I feel weird buying pieces that are such obvious knock-offs. On the other hand the designer item is far out of reach and the pullover won’t be recognised by most of my friends anyways. And I simply like it. I found it on her blog here, btw. That poncho probably wouldn’t have gotten my interest if Caroline hadn’t worn it so well here. And the maxi dress totally reminds me of the one I loved on Vlada last winter (tfs). I think I might be able to style it for fall.
And finally the last picture at the bottom of the page is from storm and marie (never heard of it so far). Caroline posted that jacket. I really liked it, but probably won’t look for it, though….
This posting now gives a strange impression of me, since fashion isn’t exactly the top thing on my to-do list for Norway, but just one of the main subjects of my blog. I’m currently nearly learning my travel guide by heart, hope to see a lot of the breathtaking nature, get a glimpse of the work of two of my favourite artists (really!) – Edvard Grieg and Edvard Munch (I’m realising right now that they’re both Edvard), and of course I hope to get to know a bit of the Norwegian mentality. We’ve learned so much about it lately for very sad reasons, and now I want to discover it, myself!
via




No comments:
Post a Comment