And now another week is over.... My law classes have finished and were exhausting, but also a really great experience. I got in touch with the French legal system and judicial terminology for the first time, saw some beautiful places here in Paris otherwise wouldn't have seen, attended court sessions (oohhh I love the criminal court! I don't want to sound cold and shallow - believe me, I'm not! - but sometimes you feel you don't need to go to the cinema anymore, after a hearing) and met a lot of clever and ambitious people of various backgrounds. Hope we'll stay in touch!
At the moment it feels a little as if real vacations were just starting. I still want to see so much in this city, especially museums and exhibitions, but the weather became so nice yesterday, so I was only outside. Yesterday walked all day from St. Michel through St Germain and then Louvre, Tuilleries, to Place Colette, where I had coffee at Le Nemours and met up with a friend. Then Champs Elysees, and to Trocadero, where I've never been so far. There I sat down a little and watched the Eiffel Tower during sunset. So strange, when I'm thinking of this huge, metal thing, I can hardly believe that it became that famous. But whenever I'm in Paris and for the first time of my visit come any close to it, I'm so stunned by the - yes - beauty of this monsterous steel thing.
Today I was first strolling around in Quartier Latin and had lunch in Rue Muffetard, then crossed the Ile de la Cite and Ile St. Louis, and met up with a friend in Marais. Marais is such a wonderful place, except that there are so many tourists. I love the mix of the very traditional Jewish culture, and the bar- and also gay scene. I believe, Marais has the best bars in Paris! We had coffee, walked a little, had a look at galleries, shops and bookstores, my latest addiction Frozen Yogourt, and finally I ate my first Macaron here in Paris. Framboise. I had stayed away from these tiny colourful things so far and sticked with my crepes and pain au chocolats, but really loved it!
Then back to St. Michel and St Germain and home.
I hope my little diary isn't too boring, I like to read stories like that in other blogs. It comes without pictures, I'm sorry, but phone pix have been posted seperately and other pictures will be uploaded from home, I promise! Sorry also for leaving out the accents of the French words!! Can't find some of them on my phone and little notebook!
No comments:
Post a Comment