Last week I wrote about the disappearance of “hypes” around certain pieces. This week I found out that I was totally wrong. Just as wrong as it can be. And guess who joined the hype? Exactly: me…… Of course I have an excuse: it’s so pretty, and warm, and soft and functional and on my wish list. ;)
Maybe only the hype around beauty (and therefore less functional) pieces is out of fashion. Or Munich was simply too busy to think of Chanel because everyone was focusing on the item I’m just going to write about. (btw you can STILL get the polish at Müller drug store Munich central station)
I had a look at COS on Wednesday evening just before eight, after a spontaneous visit at the book store next door. I had already read online about those popular Cashmere beanies, but come on, it was only August. Then arrived at COS spotted the – admittedly pretty - hat in black and asked if it came in other colours, too. The sales assistant told me that after the beanies had come in that very morning, there had been such a run on them that they were nearly sold-out, some colours were even already out of stock. And if I would like to get one, I should hurry up. They will be restocked, but who knows for how long….. She said in August. About a winter hat.
Two days later I was back because I had to get some stuff for Norway in the city centre and apparently COS had received a new delivery. This time I found the grey colour and couldn’t resist, so I got the last one. At the cash desk the sales assistant first asked if I wanted the hat in 3 more colours that were still in stock, which puzzled me a little, but then we had a chat and she told me that the beanies had come back that day but were nearly sold out, again. And when I asked how apparently everyone knew about their arrival, she said that she had been asked frequently for the last two weeks when the annual cashmere hats would come in.
So message to everyone: hurry up, to get your winter beanie while most other people still enjoy the last summer days of this year at the lake, but it’s YOU who will be trendy this fall! ;) And at least it’s something more useful than the latest colour of nail polish!
Just for information: the beanie is 100% cashmere and costs 35 €, and it comes in other colours, too, I remember black, blue and a strange orangey colour. There are also matching scarves for 69 €.
Btw. right before going on vacations I got my new phone. My old one sometimes stops working, which I don’t want to happen abroad and it was time to prolong my contract, anyway. I got the Samsung Galaxy S II, my first touch screen and fancy “apps” phone. I already love all the possibilities, apps, and the camera, but at the same time feel a little lost.
I edited this posting in a little hurry, now almost off to the airport, small random outfit and picture postings will come online these days. Have a good time, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment