Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Empty Beauty Stuff

I hate it when I’m running out of some of my most important and somewhat pricier beauty helpers all at once. Today it’s the case, my daily skin care and favourite shampoo are empty, as well as some cheaper things.

CIMG5478bear

1. nature friends shower gel in jojoba-rose for dry skin: nature friends is a less expensive organic brand, which I only occasionally buy. IMO nothing special, but ok and for organic brands quite well prized. I must say that the only quality of shower gels that matter for me is the scent. I don’t expect much care, for that I’m using other things. This one smells nicely of Jojoba and Rose, but hasn’t become one of my favourites. Won’t buy it now, maybe later when I’m running out of shower gels and find it in the supermarket.

2. Kerastase Bain Volumactive Shampoo. (eww there’s a hair in the picture, huge sorry! can’t take a new picture because it’s aready in the trash). This is the first shampoo that gives my very fine hair a bit of a volume. Of course it doesn’t do miracles, but it’s definitely the best I’ve ever had. Actually before I used it, I didn’t believe any shampoo could give me some volume. It costs a bit more than 20 € here, but lasts like forever because a tiny bit is enough for one hair wash. I must say I don’t like to support L’oreal, especially because of their animal testing. But I’m not a radical animal protector, but try to follow some ethics when shopping, and this time I’m rather selfish and ignore it, because of what I just said about the product. Totally going to buy this again (edit: done).

3. Alverde Anti-cellulite peeling and shower gel. Another low prize organic brand which is only available in German and Austrian DM and Budni stores. Loved the smell at first, but it has zero effect. But I almost empted it last year because of the wonderful scent. When I used it again this summer it was smelling terribly, therefore bye-bye. I probably won’t buy it again.

4. Dr. Hauschka Facial Cleaning Milk (Reinigungsmilch). One of the essentials in my bathroom and must be bought again very soon (edit: done). It’s a more expensive, but high standard organic brand (approx. 20 €) and most of the care products are fulfilling my expectations. I started using Dr. Hauschka when I had serious skin problems and got well. Moreover I sometimes get allergies from skincare products, also organic ones, and that hasn’t happened with Dr. H.

5. Alverde eye care. This is one of my favourite alverde products. Before I used it I couldn’t really imagine that (yes, I’m a beauty product sceptic), but it improved the skin around my eyes. Since I’m 26 I don’t think I need anti aging stuff but have some dryness wrinkles around my eyes. This cream made them less visible. I’ve already bought a back-up but unfortunately alverde has changed the formula. I hope the new one will be as good!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, klasse Post! Jetzt bin ich auch an dem Kerastase-Shampoo interessiert:) Liebe Grüßlis und dir einen wundervollen Sommerabend!

    ReplyDelete