Yesterday I spent a lot of time on looking for a quote either said in or about Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa’s novel “Il Gattopardo”. I didn’t find it, but vaguely remember what it was like: It describes the animal in question, the “gattopardo”, Pardelkatze, leopardus, (not leopard as it used to be falsely translated) whatsoever not as a violent feline predator, but as big kitten, lazily laying around in the paralyzing, heavy heat of Sicily in August.
Anyways, I’m actually trying to write a beauty post and what I want to say is, that I felt a bit like that kitten yesterday, when the thermometer went up 33 °C, today it’s even more. I’m not going to complain, but I am simply not made for this sort of temperatures. Last summer in Florence we had more than 40 °C and I only survived – well, that’s a little exaggerated – highly profited from the use of three little cosmetic helpers, which I dug out of the depths of my cosmetic closet, yesterday:
1. Simple water as a spray. No matter which brand, it helps to refresh you when you’re all sweaty and can be applied as often as you want. Doesn’t leave any stains on clothes.
2. Alverde bodyspray in grapefruit-kiwi, summer edition. Alverde is the organic house brand of DM drug store and only available in Germany and Austria, I’m afraid. I carried it with me everywhere, love to use it on my legs on hot days, like the scent and it’s a bit more than just water, like a very light lotion. Unfortunately it’s a little sticky, therefore I try to avoid contact with my clothes. This summer they sell even two flavours, I believe. Apart from this one, there’s also something mintish.
3. Alverde nanamint leg and feet gel. Last summer my legs felt as if they were seriously swollen and shoes didn’t fit anymore, so I used this gel on them every evening. It’s very refreshing and cools a little. My favourite out of the three.
… and drinking a lot, of course, is very important! ;)
Well, I guess, there have been better beauty postings out there, I still need to practise a bit! But finally here’s the kitty – *meow*:
No comments:
Post a Comment